Battle in Thiberville - Parishioners fight for their traditional Priest.
(01-07-2010, 11:34 AM)littlerose Wrote: Yes, the capitalization of "LEsprit" indicates the Holy Spirit, otherwise he would have probably said  "dans mon ame" which would mean "In my soul" or "dans omon esprit" and I think it means he can still be sought out for sacraments, he just won't be there for the tregular Sunday Mass. They'll be doing the hotel-church thing, most likely.

This is the way as many 'independent priest started in the US. There is one in the village where I live:

http://www.stpiusvshrine.org/index.htm

an old priest established an about 40 family community in the eighties, they bought a chapel. After the old priest died or retired someone else took it over.There is no apparent affiliation to anyone else, what is striking that the website does not even mention the previous priest. . I feel the 'everyone else is wrong but me' sentiment.

On the otherwise quite liberal diocesan Catholic Church there are 4200 registered families.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Battle in Thiberville - Parishioners fight for their traditional Priest. - by glgas - 01-07-2010, 03:40 PM