Annoying dream
My advice would be this.  If you are seriously concerned about this then don't seek advice on an internet forum.  There are priests and professionals you can see about such things.

If you are not seriously concerned then you are not demonically possessed, obsessed or anything else.  It's just a phase and you'll pass through it.
(01-06-2010, 07:50 PM)ggreg Wrote: My advice would be this.  If you are seriously concerned about this then don't seek advice on an internet forum.  There are priests and professionals you can see about such things.

The most sensible advice of all. Go and see your priest. They're not there just to dispense the sacraments.
This kind of dreams must be quite generic, so the Compline starts with this prayer:

Brothers: Be sober and watch: because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, goeth about seeking whom he may devour. Whom resist ye, strong in faith:
And Thou Lord have mercy on us

and ends in this way

Let us pray
Visit we beseech thee, O Lord, this dwelling, and drive far from it the snares of the enemy let thy holy angels dwell herein to preserve us in peace and let thy blessing be always upon us. Through Jesus Christ, thy Son our Lord, Who liveth and reigneth with thee, in the unity of the Holy Ghost, ever one God, world without end.
R. Amen.

Othervise the old adagium is: Qui dormit non peccavit. One who sleeps does not sin.

The humility that we are humans even accompanied with some shame is virtue.

(01-06-2010, 07:55 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(01-06-2010, 07:50 PM)ggreg Wrote: My advice would be this.  If you are seriously concerned about this then don't seek advice on an internet forum.  There are priests and professionals you can see about such things.

The most sensible advice of all. Go and see your priest. They're not there just to dispense the sacraments.

All due respect, the priests are not the place to go to discuss sexual matters. Spiritual, yes, demonic worries, yes, but sex, no.  IMHO.
(01-06-2010, 08:06 PM)littlerose Wrote: All due respect, the priests are not the place to go to discuss sexual matters. Spiritual, yes, demonic worries, yes, but sex, no.  IMHO.

Especially in our current time, when it seems the news uncovers another pedo-priest every day.

A married permanent deacon might help a lot.
(01-06-2010, 08:06 PM)littlerose Wrote:
(01-06-2010, 07:55 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:

All due respect, the priests are not the place to go to discuss sexual matters. Spiritual, yes, demonic worries, yes, but sex, no.  IMHO.

I thought the priest was a spiritual father to the christian. Sexuality is an integral part of our being, so I can't see why it would not be appropriate to ask the help and counsel of the priest, especially regarding the temptations the poster described.

I'm beginning to see a trend of "Catholicism-without-priests" surfacing around here. Certainly, all this crisis has made us wary of some clergy. The solution, though, is to seek traditional clergy, not to throw them all out as dispensers of sacraments and nothing more. Internet fora, catholic magazines, even some good catholic company are not and should not be a replacement of priests and of their fatherly guidance.
(01-06-2010, 07:55 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: The most sensible advice of all. Go and see your priest. They're not there just to dispense the sacraments.

This is about a dream. It is perfectly alright to discuss remedies for annoying dreams online.
I have found that praying the Office and the Rosary before going to bed keep frightening or other kinds of dreams (for which I am too old :-[) at bay.
(01-06-2010, 09:06 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(01-06-2010, 07:55 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: The most sensible advice of all. Go and see your priest. They're not there just to dispense the sacraments.

This is about a dream. It is perfectly alright to discuss remedies for annoying dreams online.

I'm not blaming her for discussing it here or seeking advice online. I only said that telling her to consult a priest was the most sensible advice to be given and I stand by that. It seems that consulting priests makes some people around here rather jumpy. Perhaps if she was to consult a psychologist or a "professional" it would be alright, but a priest? No, God forbid!

How modernist of you...
(01-06-2010, 09:03 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: I thought the priest was a spiritual father to the christian. Sexuality is an integral part of our being, so I can't see why it would not be appropriate to ask the help and counsel of the priest, especially regarding the temptations the poster described.

I'm beginning to see a trend of "Catholicism-without-priests" surfacing around here. Certainly, all this crisis has made us wary of some clergy. The solution, though, is to seek traditional clergy, not to throw them all out as dispensers of sacraments and nothing more. Internet fora, catholic magazines, even some good catholic company are not and should not be a replacement of priests and of their fatherly guidance.

No, I am not an advocate of getting rid of priests. But their role includes celibacy and I do beleive that the burden of that vow places a responsibility to avoid that subject with priests. We have to respect their special vocation.  This includes Confession, where we can indicate a sexual sin without describing it. I am not being suspicious of priests, just considerate.