The next pope r.e. Liturgy
A lot of you 20-somethings seem to worry about this.  Don't.  Would it be nice to see the resolution of this mess in our lifetime...yeah...is it important that it happens in our lifetime....nope.  You have the proper make up in your soul to make it through the time you have been given...the rest is dressing...who cares if we are proven right this year...next decade...next century?  (Except for all the loss of souls who ignore the Graces they are given, you should not.)

If the Pope that follows is a super lib who hates the TLM and the SSPX and other groups...what does it matter...you will still have the Graces and your soul is constituted in such a way to make it through that mess.

So what if the next Pope were Levada or worse???

What's he going to do...excommunicate trads?  We've been there...we got where we are while that idiocy played out...we answered Rome with a "me too" sort of attitude.

And really let's not lose sight that some of the strongest and most vicious enemies of trads and the trad movement have been conservative...so there is a detente now sort of...just go with the flow and don't lose sight of your end,

The sooner you stop worrying about stuff you have no real power over the happier you will be...and you'll be at ease....it's a better state.

That is all...
Instead of worrying about who the next pope may be, let's spend our time trusting that God will restore and revive His Church in His own time.  God will not let His truth disappear.  Jesus promised that the gates of hell would not prevail against His Church.  Let's trust His promise.
As Maximus:

"Hold the line! Stay with me! If you find yourself alone, riding in the green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in Elysium, and you're already dead!"
(01-08-2010, 08:45 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: The liturgy is one of the means by which those problems will be fixed.  Where else do Catholics go every Sunday?  A good liturgy with a edifying homily can change minds and hearts.  Flashy youtube videos won't do it, and the media will filter out and distort anything edifying the Pope has to say just as it did with his homily that got all our panties in a bunch.

The Mass is what forms future priests, teaches the faithful, etc.  The Mass needs to be fixed as a priority.

I attend every Sunday the St John Cantius Father's Masses in Volo IL, either the Enlish (New) and the Latin (TLM) Mass.  The New Mass is facing the altar, Latin proper and Ordinary chanted, communion at the bars of the altar kneeling and onto tongue. They regularly say sermon on the TLM Mass and holy on the New Mass, with many exceptions for the sermon in the New mass. The attitude of the priest and the faithful, and not the words and rubrics make the difference.

The problem with the modernist Mass is that it points primarily toward the people not toward the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

As for what is edifying our knowledge is limited, this is why we need the guidance of the Magisterium, instead of the guidance of the conscience of those people who deny the value of the conscience (Dignitatis Humanae)
Take heart all of us!!! I once heard a priest say this and it stuck with me. God has known since the beginning of all  His creation, and He  has chosen to put us here at this time and place. By the nature He gave us, and His Grace, we are the ones He has chosen that can make through these times, others would have failed, and God does not wish that. So get tough boys and girls, it is a hard slog. Let's build each other up so we all run the good race, and get Home safely.
tim
The next pope will be Peter the Roman.  Liturgical reform won't matter because the world will be ending.  ;)
Baskerville Wrote:Do you think the next Pope will continue the reform of reform and attempts at promoting tradition as the current Holy Father has or will we get a liberal kumbaya Social Justice and liturgy second Papacy? This really worries me.

"Be not therefore solicitous for tomorrow; for the morrow will be solicitous for itself. Sufficient for the day is the evil thereof (Mt. 6:34)."
[Edit by Quis - remove Sedevacantist material]

[Edited by me - might as well remove the whole post]
RRR, there is no promoting of sedevacantism on the forum.  Please follow the rules.
I was unaware the plot against the church was sedevacantism.

Scipio_a said "if the Pope that follows is a super lib"... that would make him an anti-pope, right?

You guys would seriously follow a super lib as pope?

WOW!!!