Catholic Bishops and Social $$ Fraud
Link says it all:

http://www.aim.org/aim-column/catholic-t...s-bishops/

Catholic TV Host Challenges Bishops

AIM Column  |  By Cliff Kincaid  |  November 18, 2009

EWTN’s coverage of this controversy has to be extremely worrisome to the Bishops.

The host of a national Catholic TV talk show says that Catholic Bishops have to come clean on their funding of groups that undermine traditional values and promote radical social change.

Raymond Arroyo, host of Catholic television network EWTN's "The World Over" program, says that the evidence indicates that groups funded by the Bishops through the Catholic Campaign for Human Development (CCHD) are actually "subverting" Catholic teaching on matters such as homosexual rights and abortion. He regrets that money being spent on such causes is coming at the expense of Catholic schools and hospitals facing funding shortfalls and possible closure.
This is a two months old 'news'.

What was the reason to bring it up?

The next collection for CCHD will be November 2010
Maybe because she just saw it...why do you care?

Interesting development ..thanks.
I am glad it was posted as I did not know the Pee Wee Herman look alike guy on EWTN was calling out the Bishops.
Also, because the problem is not limited to the time-span of a couple months ago. It is an ongoing weakness due to the social liberation theology heresies, unfortunately.
I'm happy someone is calling this out. I hadn't heard about it, but I don't watch much EWTN anymore...waaay tooo busy at work.

(01-09-2010, 11:51 AM)glgas Wrote: This is a two months old 'news'.
::)
(01-09-2010, 01:18 PM)Scipio_a Wrote: Maybe because she just saw it...why do you care?

I believe that we all should look for the good what is from God, and not for the abuses of others what is from the evil.

Naturally we should care about our own sins and deficiencies, what we can change. But to bring up other people abuses what are beyond our power to change seems to be unreasonable.

(01-09-2010, 10:19 PM)glgas Wrote:
(01-09-2010, 01:18 PM)Scipio_a Wrote: Maybe because she just saw it...why do you care?

I believe that we all should look for the good what is from God, and not for the abuses of others what is from the evil.

Naturally we should care about our own sins and deficiencies, what we can change. But to bring up other people abuses what are beyond our power to change seems to be unreasonable.
Then why are you looking at this thread and saying these things?  Don't you believe that this thread is looking at the abuses of others?  And are you not looking at the abuses of others, that is the abuse which is looking at the abuses of others.  This post was very hypocritical.

As for me, I'm not afraid to call sin sin, and I delight when I see it exposed for what it is that it may be destroyed.  I will not be an accessory by silence.
(01-09-2010, 10:19 PM)glgas Wrote:

If it were about a secular or protestant charity I would agree with you, but since this is a Catholic funding program, it is our responsibility to look at it and examine our own conscience and ask how much of this really is beyond our power.
There are recent developments, and it's pretty bad what's happening!

http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2010/jan/10010610.html