Cold Weather Cookin: What Warms Your Kitchen?
Hmmm... I'm feeling too lazy to bake. I think soup is the way I will go for the rest of this cold-snap. I picked up some fifteen-bean mix on sale. I have some ham to put in for seasoning. It should fill the apartment with a good aroma :)
Chicken stew.  Chili.  Ziti & meatballs.
Any kind of a pasta bake, brownies... .
I go with chili or homemade chicken and barley soup. And lotsa, lotsa crispy cornbread.
Stew... yum.Maybe some venison neck chops, stewed up with spuds, carrots, onions, and once it starts boiling and breakng down, i add shredded bread slices, which i stir to dissolvge,  to thicken it.
some herbs and whatnot... this thread makes me hungry.
otherwise, bacon bone soup's always good in cold weather.
(01-10-2010, 08:49 PM)Arun Wrote: Stew... yum.Maybe some venison neck chops, stewed up with spuds, carrots, onions, and once it starts boiling and breakng down, i add shredded bread slices, which i stir to dissolvge,  to thicken it.

Brunswick stew - oxtail soup w/ a ton of root vegs. in it - oatmeal, oatmeal, and more oatmeal... but with a ton of cream and sugar and nutmeg in it
(01-10-2010, 08:49 PM)Arun Wrote: Stew... yum.Maybe some venison neck chops, stewed up with spuds, carrots, onions, and once it starts boiling and breakng down, i add shredded bread slices, which i stir to dissolvge,  to thicken it.

YOU have cold weather?!?  :laughing:
Today I warmed my cold luncheon guests with Betty Feezor pork chops, lima bean casserole, spinach salad with strawberry vinaigrette, and homemade gingerbread.
(01-10-2010, 09:50 PM)BrevisVir55 Wrote:

Wel, not right now cos its summer. In winter, this area usually doesn't get lower than -10 celsius, but over in Taranaki, or National Park (about 2 hours drive each, in different directions) the mountains get quite cold, what with the snow &c.
(01-10-2010, 11:20 PM)Arun Wrote:
(01-10-2010, 09:50 PM)BrevisVir55 Wrote:

Wel, not right now cos its summer. In winter, this area usually doesn't get lower than -10 celsius, but over in Taranaki, or National Park (about 2 hours drive each, in different directions) the mountains get quite cold, what with the snow &c.

ooooo....must be aweful....