Cold Weather Cookin: What Warms Your Kitchen?
hehehehe. right now, the sun is shining and its a beautiful day. but i'm on FE pretending to study lol.
Irish Stew cooked with Guinness and homemade bread washed down with Guinness. Yum.
(01-11-2010, 12:16 AM)Baskerville Wrote: Irish Stew cooked with Guinness and homemade bread washed down with Guinness. Yum.

Oh, Dublin Coddle! TY for reminding me: (layered onions and sausages stewed with beer in a tightly covered pan)
Tonight, sukiyaki.  Over the weekend it was cauliflower pea soup; later this week either curried vegetable soup or roasted vegetable and wild rice soup.  All lowfat.  Next week there will be black bean soup; not lowfat.
Fish soup or slow-cooker chicken cacciatore
(01-11-2010, 12:25 AM)littlerose Wrote:
(01-11-2010, 12:16 AM)Baskerville Wrote: Irish Stew cooked with Guinness and homemade bread washed down with Guinness. Yum.

Oh, Dublin Coddle! TY for reminding me: (layered onions and sausages stewed with beer in a tightly covered pan)

Yum!
Squirrel stew and venison chili. Joan of Arc also makes awesome ginger snaps (my favorite cookie). :eats:
What's squirrel meat like, Matt? We don't have them down here.
(01-12-2010, 07:13 AM)Arun Wrote: What's squirrel meat like, Matt? We don't have them down here.

A dark meat that can be chewy if not cooked long and slow..Makes a great gravy, though. Besides stews it is good in pot pies.
The squirrels around here should be pretty good because they are pecan-fed!
:eats:
:squiggly: :squiggly: :squiggly:

But on other matters: I made the 15-bean soup yesterday in two batches. One with beef sausage and seasoning, the other with ham. I ended up with more soup than I could put into containers, and not wanting to go out after dark, I froze it in soup-bowls.  This morning I popped the frozen chunks of soup out of the bowls and put them into plastic bags and back into the freezer.  I ate a good amount of it for supper yesterday, but I still have about ten servings.  Not bad for a total cost of about $6.

Oh, but I counted the beans. There were only 13 kinds in the bag, not 15  :laughing: