mpls/stpaul: AOTM Club 1/12 Ferrara on Vatican II and the Spirit of Woodstock
(01-13-2010, 01:07 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(01-13-2010, 01:05 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: I can't see much wrong on Dr. Ferrara's lecture, really, besides the known dangers of lay apologetics.

Yes, that's my only complaint really.

What Ferrara did, in a nutshell, was line everything up and identify the problem from his book Great Facade. 

Over and over and over again, he was at pains to point out his proper place in this thing as NOT A THEOLOGIAN and he did a really good job of explaining what happaned at the council and asked some questions that all LayMEN should be asking of their local Novus Ordo pastor, "What indeed, does the V2 Council expect of me?  Nothing?  Oh, so basically, I'm going to try to live as if it never happened.

It's a great message. 

He was also at some pains to take TRADS to task for being pharisaical about Traditionalism, like you're some kind of elite and better.  He's eager to point out that many NO Catholics are very pious, indeed more pious than most traditionalists.

He keeps things on task when it comes to Ecumenism as well and makes the point that most of your evangeism happens at the lay level but is frustrated at the episcoplal level by figures like Cardinal Lehman and Kasper.

so, wile I agree that the laity can be lame when it comes to dealing with the things of the Faith, it's sometimes not forthecoming from the clergy.  What Tom Woods, Michael Matt and Chris Ferrara did in "Great Facade" was makesome well deserved criticisms of the modernist regime.

Ultimately, Ferrara spent a lot of time deferring to Romano Amerio, who he points out, rightly, has been hailed and profoundly respected in Roman circles now.
Face it, Catholicism pre-council is the norm, no whatever came after that.

Messages In This Thread
Re: mpls/stpaul: AOTM Club 1/12 Ferrara on Vatican II and the Spirit of Woodstock - by Augstine Baker - 01-13-2010, 02:00 PM