Moving toward the Unity
Solemn Vespers with incense and candlelight are now celebrated in a lovely setting each Sunday at 3:00 PM in St. Clement's (Episcopal) Church, 20th and Cherry Sts., in Center City Philadelphia. The traditional Liber Usualis based on the Breviarium Romanum is employed. A small schola is forming under the direction of Bernard Kunkel, Associate Organist at St. Clement's, to sing the antiphons and hymns in Gregorian chant and alternate with the congregation in the chanting of the psalms of Vespers according to the traditional  (pre-1960) calendar and employing the Solemnes method. Texts of Vespers in Latin and English are provided for the congregation.
New singers for the schola are most welcome, even if they can only participate occasionally. Rehearsals for the schola are at 2:00 PM. each Sunday. Traditional Latin Vespers at St. Clement's just started this Advent. It is hoped that the size of the schola and the congregation can be expanded gradually.
Vespers  (which may be attended by itself) is followed by traditional Benediction (also in Latin) and novena prayers to Our Lady Of Clemency. The three services together are less than an hour in length.
The Rev'd W. Gordon Reid, Rector of St. Clement's, welcomes visitors to Solemn Vespers and extends a special invitation to members of the Latin Liturgy Association, Inc. and their friends. St. Clement's is “an Anglo-Catholic parish of the Episcopal Diocese of Pennsylvania.” The telephone number is 215 563 1876. The website is www.s-clements.org
Thank you for giving this message your attention. Deus Pater Omnipotens sit nobis propitius et clemens!
(01-11-2010, 07:41 PM)glgas Wrote: Solemn Vespers with incense and candlelight are now celebrated in a lovely setting each Sunday at 3:00 PM in St. Clement's (Episcopal) Church, 20th and Cherry Sts., in Center City Philadelphia. n hour in length.

You do know that this is a Catholic news subforum on a Catholic site, don't you?  I have oftened wondered about many of your heterodox comments but just assumed you knew and didn't care to follow Church teaching.  Now it all makes sense.
I always get angry when I see these heretics with a more Catholic practice than Catholic Churches. ::)
glgas....I dont know what to say.....you surprise me with new rubbish everyday....how about you spend less time posting this rubbish and more time responding to posts made towards you?
LOL
wow. Episcopalian...that explains a lot...
(01-11-2010, 08:08 PM)Knight Hospitaller Wrote: You do know that this is a Catholic news subforum on a Catholic site, don't you?  I have oftened wondered about many of your heterodox comments but just assumed you knew and didn't care to follow Church teaching.  Now it all makes sense.

Unlike apparently you I belive in the Nicean Creed: Unam, Sanctam, Catholicam et Apostolicam Ecclesiam. That is the Hierarchical Jurisdictional Church, which recently accepted teh anglicans/episcopalians who want the unity.

What is your creed and your Church?

(01-11-2010, 08:09 PM)Baskerville Wrote: I always get angry when I see these heretics with a more Catholic practice than Catholic Churches. ::)

How many traditional Church sing regularly the Office?

My one does, but they do the Liturgy of Hours. What about your Church?

Why are you angry if a community, accepted by the Roman Pontiff into the Church,  praying to good from the Liber Usualis that traditional Latin chants?

Is it not possible that you mistake the envy with the anger?
(01-11-2010, 09:34 PM)glgas Wrote:
(01-11-2010, 08:09 PM)Baskerville Wrote: I always get angry when I see these heretics with a more Catholic practice than Catholic Churches. ::)

Why are you angry if a community, accepted by the Roman Pontiff into the Church,  praying to good from the Liber Usualis that traditional Latin chants?

Because you're *not* telling the truth -- they're not yet in the Church.  Because they're still outside of it.  They have not yet come in.  So please don't lie. 
(01-11-2010, 09:37 PM)Bonifacius Wrote:
(01-11-2010, 09:34 PM)glgas Wrote:

Because you're *not* telling the truth -- they're not yet in the Church.  Because they're still outside of it.  They have not yet come in.  So please don't lie. 

Yep. Nice attempt to deflect but the truth is they aren't Catholic yet - still Episcopalian. Sooo if one wants to commit idolatry at Benediction, then go. Otherwise probably best to wait until Catholic.