Pretty amazing survival food cookbook
:laughing:

You're just gonna have to see this:
http://www.homegrownevolution.com/2010/0...vival.html

Those LDS are really into the survival food, I'll say that...
Gag!

If people are serious about storing food and figuring out how to cook it when the time comes, it might also be ideal to learn how to gather food along the way. Being able to pelt a snake with a rock and knowing which berries to eat would be just as important as having rice and beans on hand.
If it ever comes to having to go to their food stores, I wonder where they'll get their electricity, and stuff like that...

I think that modern conveniences would be the first to go.
I get all my survival tips from Bear Gryllis..thanks to that guy I know how to trap and kill a caribou and a porcupine, and cook them, with out weapons :)
I found this comment amusing:

Quote:Wou'dnt the mormon survival handbook consist of just a piece of paper with the following instructions?
"1. Walk into forest.
2. Place head in hat.
3. Wait for instructions from golden plates."
(01-12-2010, 03:50 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: I get all my survival tips from Bear Gryllis..thanks to that guy I know how to trap and kill a caribou and a porcupine, and cook them, with out weapons :)

I'm coming to your place. 
(01-12-2010, 08:43 PM)Joamy Wrote:
(01-12-2010, 03:50 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: I get all my survival tips from Bear Gryllis..thanks to that guy I know how to trap and kill a caribou and a porcupine, and cook them, with out weapons :)

I'm coming to your place. 
The more the merrier!
(01-12-2010, 01:58 PM)Texican Wrote: If it ever comes to having to go to their food stores, I wonder where they'll get their electricity, and stuff like that...

I think that modern conveniences would be the first to go.

It says solar oven right in that link. They use odd wording for it but with that all you need is a hour or two of sunlight to cook your meal. In my opinion it would be healthier eating since you are eating real food not just processed junk.
(01-15-2010, 04:23 PM)lonewanderer Wrote: It says solar oven right in that link. They use odd wording for it but with that all you need is a hour or two of sunlight to cook your meal. In my opinion it would be healthier eating since you are eating real food not just processed junk.

I got the oven, but what about the grinder?
(01-15-2010, 04:47 PM)Texican Wrote:
(01-15-2010, 04:23 PM)lonewanderer Wrote: It says solar oven right in that link. They use odd wording for it but with that all you need is a hour or two of sunlight to cook your meal. In my opinion it would be healthier eating since you are eating real food not just processed junk.

I got the oven, but what about the grinder?

Just because they don't mention it does not mean they do not have it. A wheat grinder is probably one of the first items they would purchase. It might be one of those items they assume everyone knows about and not mention it.