Urban cavemen?!
(01-12-2010, 12:31 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(01-12-2010, 12:30 PM)Magnificat Wrote: I suppose that reading several scripts is the online version of leaping between boulders.   :clap:

It is very good for people to do I think.

When random characters become meaningful, I think the mind is expanded.

You're verging on Philip K Dick territory there.  I might have a flashback to 1993 when I used to sit in my room reading science fiction and Wired Magazine.  :o
(01-12-2010, 12:01 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(01-12-2010, 09:42 AM)Magnificat Wrote: These guys are a scream!  :laughing: 

Quote:Mr. Le Corre, 38, who once made soap for a living, promotes what he calls “mouvement naturel” at exercise retreats in West Virginia and elsewhere. His workouts include scooting around the underbrush on all fours, leaping between boulders, playing catch with stones, and other activities at which he believes early man excelled. These are the “primal, essential skills that I believe everyone should have,” he said in an interview.

Gentlemen: do any of you have these essential skills?

You are asking online?

I can type over 80 words a minute, and I can read several scripts.

Suddenly I have this picture of Herr typing madly away while a remote-controlled drone chases a hairy guy in a suit.....
:comp: :sneaky: :rofl:
I kept checking to see if that article was actually from the Onion.
OH man.  This sounds awesome!  Seriously.

Quote:Mr. Le Corre, 38, who once made soap for a living, promotes what he calls “mouvement naturel” at exercise retreats in West Virginia and elsewhere. His workouts include scooting around the underbrush on all fours, leaping between boulders, playing catch with stones, and other activities at which he believes early man excelled. These are the “primal, essential skills that I believe everyone should have,” he said in an interview.

Ahem.

What's it to you?
The diet side of things actually has some basis; Anthony Bova's Spartan Health Regime talks about similar diets and also the (fantastic) documentary Fathead, a response to the propagandic Supersize Me, refers to similar dietary benefits.
There's a certain amount of logic in it; however these people seem to have done away with that lol.
The Paleo diet is actually a very good diet, as far as health is concerned, but if you happen to like things, other than just meat and vegetables, for example, if you wouldn't mind eating some pancakes or waffles for breakfast sometimes, or would like some lasagna, or some other pasta, then that diet is not for you. 

Unless you just eat that other stuff on "cheat days."

Yes, I do. 

I attribute it to my years in the Boy Scouts. On most campouts we played a violent game called "spotlight" which was a form of tag, more or less. It was a proprietary game with my troop, I think. It usually involved a lot of crawling through brush and climbing trees. If there was a creek or river nearby, we'd do a lot of leaping from rock to rock. We weren't much at playing catch with rocks, but there was a lot of rock throwing going on. Occasionally there was a lot of boulder hurling, too. Not to mention clubbing each other with fallen tree branches.

In hindsight, it's a miracle that only one guy got hurt bad enough to do anything about it. Paul Morales slipped while leaping from boulder to boulder during a game of spotlight, caught his leg on a manzanita branch, and peeled his leg open right along his shinbone. Very little blood, but they still gave him 20-something stitches.

And you know what? We weren't forbidden from playing that game anymore! Back in the good old days, boys were allowed to be boys.   
(01-12-2010, 11:43 PM)Texican Wrote: The Paleo diet is actually a very good diet, as far as health is concerned, but if you happen to like things, other than just meat and vegetables, for example, if you wouldn't mind eating some pancakes or waffles for breakfast sometimes, or would like some lasagna, or some other pasta, then that diet is not for you. 

Unless you just eat that other stuff on "cheat days."

Bova's program allows for a little bit of it lol.
(01-12-2010, 11:53 PM)SoCalLocal Wrote: On most campouts we played a violent game called "spotlight" which was a form of tag, more or less. It was a proprietary game with my troop, I think. It usually involved a lot of crawling through brush and climbing trees. If there was a creek or river nearby, we'd do a lot of leaping from rock to rock. We weren't much at playing catch with rocks, but there was a lot of rock throwing going on. Occasionally there was a lot of boulder hurling, too. Not to mention clubbing each other with fallen tree branches.

Not proprietary.  The "rules" vary here and there, but we played it too.  Except it was called "German Spotlight".  How un-PC.