Female, 21
I am utterly exhausted but going to bed now would mess with my sleep schedule. While lurking I found this sub-forum and thought it would be fun. It kind of reminded me of MySpace surveys, just Catholic and less lame. As a brief disclaimer, I have no clue what my Vocation is (big "V" vocation) and despite some horrendous relationships, I cannot base my views of marriage on my past experiences. It is something I struggle with a lot, actually. I have never dated a "real" Catholic so to dismiss marriage entirely at the age of 21 is pretty foolish. I will say that I am not ready for marriage at this time in my life but I am open to [serious] dating. I do want to stress that I am posting this mostly for fun. After reading some answers people have given, I honestly hope no one goes into cardiac arrest while reading mine.

Sex: Female

Age as of posting date: 21

Birthdate: April 1988

Patron Saint by Confirmation: St. Joan of Arc

Number of children (e.g. born from: former valid marriage that ended in death of spouse; invalid marriage; rape; past sins, etc. No need to enter details here! Just list number of children you care for): None (virgin)

Would you relocate if you met the right person? Honestly, the chances are incredibly slim. This is my home. I am not opposed to moving somewhere nearby, however, like New York.

EF, SSPX, both, or other? I am not very familiar with “traditional” Catholicism. Personally, the Eucharist is the summit and the source of our faith. I go to Mass for the Eucharist.

Novus Ordo if that's all there is? The Novus Ordo is a perfectly licit Mass.

Introvert or extravert? Introvert, but I am social.

Keirsey personality type: I am more familiar with Myers-Briggs; ISTJ (introvert, sensing, thinking, judging)

Ethnic heritage: Predominately Irish and English

Is meeting someone of like ethnicity very important to you, just a bonus, or unimportant? Really not that important.

Is there an ideal age range for the person you'd like to marry? Between 21-25. I would not rule out anyone under 30, however.

In what manner do you interpret the Church's approval of NFP? I approve.

What would the headship of the husband look like in your idea home? Equal partnership.

How do you feel about women working outside the home? I will be a working woman. I currently attend university and work hard to do well. I value my education and greatly desire to apply it. I want to be successful and establish myself in a fulfilling career. Of course family comes first. However, I need a husband who understands, admires, respects, supports, and encourages the goals I have set in place for myself. Likewise, I will do the same for him.

How do you feel about women in pants? I practically live in jeans.

Of the seven deadly sins (pride, greed, gluttony, sloth, lust, anger, envy), which is the most challenging for you? Anger

What would others say are your annoying habits or bothersome attributes? I am argumentative and I have a bad habit of swearing

What are the most important things you desire in a spouse? A devout Catholic, one who I am attracted to on multiple levels

Things you absolutely would not tolerate in a potential spouse: The expectation that I will be a housewife; usurping his God-given authority by treating me as an unequal (i.e. giving “orders”)

What, if anything, have you learned from past relationships with the opposite sex? If they disagree with my [high] moral standards, kick them to the curb and fast

Political ideals: Conservative

Education: Currently studying Psychology and Criminal Justice

Employment: Part-time job, nothing extraordinary

Health: Very well; in fact I am a vegetarian

Allergies: Peaches, nectarines (mostly speculation, never re-tested myself)

Smoke? No

Drink? A glass of wine here or there

Night owl or morning lark? Right now I would say night owl

How messy or disorganized are you? Oddly enough, I am very organized in that I keep lists and enjoy schedules (dislike spontaneity) but lately my room is disorganized

What makes you laugh? Just being goofy

What are the little things that please or delight you? Solitude; the smell of the beach; summer air; snow on Christmas morning

What would you like to be doing in 10 years ideally? If you continue on your present course and don't meet the person of your dreams, what do you think you actually will be doing given your gifts and goals? Definitely out in the workforce promoting human dignity and worth

Intellectual interests: Theology (besides my already listed studies)

Hobbies: I love to watch movies; reading; spending quality time with family and friends; tending to my pets; learning; online forums

Talents: I am really good at analyzing people, even if we just met

Top 5 Favorite books of all time: Douay-Rheims, the Catechism, any Theological literature really; “Interview with the Vampire” and “Blackwood Farm” (Anne Rice). I read “Blackwood Farm” every summer, and make sure that I am reading it while at the beach; I think I first read it down the shore and ever since it has become my little summertime tradition

The last 5 books you read (don't lie!). Are these books typical of you?: Actively reading “An Exorcist Tells His Story” by Fr. Amorth; am in the middle of “Jesus of Nazareth” by B16, “The Historian” by Kostavi, and “Confessions” by St. Augustine. Yes I would say these books are typical of me.

Music you actually listen to most often: Alternative rock or pop

Favorite movies/TV shows:  Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel the Series; as for shows on the air, I watch 24

Favorite foods: Pasta dishes with non-tomato sauce. I like tomato sauce but it is not very original.

Serious pet peeves:  Snoring – I absolutely cannot tolerate this – and disgusting food habits (the way one eats food, such as slurping or chewing with the mouth open)

Pets you have, pets you desire, pets you'd put up with:  I have two cats and I love them dearly, I am definitely a cat person and will continue to have cats as pets. I have never had a dog before but think the small ones are cute. If my husband wanted a dog, he would be the one waking up at whatever hour to walk it. =]

Idea of a romantic evening: Assuming this is with my husband: cuddling on the couch together with some wine, staying in to watch an action flick
You sound pretty cool.  Actually, lol, you sound a bit more than cool.  But a girl who enjoys action films?  *Distrusts her existence....*  haha

Too bad you're from New Jersey.    :sneaky:  ;)

I'll message once my exams are done (Thursday).
Schaweet. Good luck on exams!
CC,

It's the beginning of the semester.  Why do you have exams now?
(01-12-2010, 11:06 PM)Walty Wrote: CC,

It's the beginning of the semester.  Why do you have exams now?

Beginning of your semester.  ;)

Rose-Hulman operates on quarters (or, rather, trimesters).  So, we have three academic periods in the "typical" academic year.  Right now I'm on week 5 of 10, with these being my first exams of Winter Quarter.

It's not too bad.  Just a bit heavier workload than other schools.
Wow, I have never met a girl with an ISTJ personality before.  I didn't think that ever happened.

Also, why is every woman that posts in this forum a vegetarian  ???
Because the Buddha-Nature is spreading to encompass all sentient beings and women are more susceptible to its creeping tentacles of enlightenment--like canaries in a coal mine.  :-|
(01-12-2010, 11:25 PM)cgraye Wrote: Wow, I have never met a girl with an ISTJ personality before.  I didn't think that ever happened.

Well I exist lol.

Quote:Also, why is every woman that posts in this forum a vegetarian  ???

It's been this way for almost eight years.  :shrug:
(01-12-2010, 11:25 PM)cgraye Wrote: Wow, I have never met a girl with an ISTJ personality before.  I didn't think that ever happened.

What's so rare about ISTJs?
(01-12-2010, 11:36 PM)piabee Wrote:

What's so rare about ISTJs?

We're so cool.  Therefore....
?
:laughing: