Female, 21
(01-13-2010, 12:19 PM)Louis_Martin Wrote: Congrats, HCF!!
You managed to get five smileys out of Herr, a rarely seen feat.
I think he likes you.  :laughing:

But the deal-clencher will be what OS she uses.

By the way, nice profile, HCF  :tiphat:
(01-13-2010, 11:56 AM)cgraye Wrote:
(01-13-2010, 11:46 AM)HCF Wrote: HCF is sufficient. Those are my "initials" (really initials to a longer screen name I shortened).

I was wondering if it might stand for "Highest Common Factor", which would be awesome, or "Halt and Catch Fire" which would be like...ten times as awesome as that.

Naw.
(01-13-2010, 12:00 PM)Louis_Martin Wrote:
(01-13-2010, 11:55 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: Lol, every thread posted in this subforum is hijacked/derailed.  Mostly thanks to CC (the Canadian one) and libby.  Although... libby isn't here yet... 

But don't feel bad.  It's almost a rite of passage for folks who post here.   :laughing:
In this subforum?  Every thread here gets derailed, it seems.

As to the original topic, you seem like a nice lady.  If you lived closer and weren't afraid of eating the muscles of defenseless animals, I'd have to contact you.  But since you don't and you are, I'll just  :pray: for you.

You wouldn't date a vegetarian? You may just be kidding around, but from my experience, there really AREN'T a lot of "fish in the see" (no pun intended, re: name of this website) and that's a bit picky.
(01-13-2010, 12:08 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(01-13-2010, 12:16 AM)HCF Wrote: It's pretty pathetic to post as someone you're not.

I'm definitely who I say I am, thanks.

Hello HCF...

Sorry that you got the full FE treatment so fast, but, it is a sign they like you :)

Your post was interesting enough to get responses; my thread way back was ignored immediately.

Aw, that's sad. This thread has so many views, too. LOL.

Quote:My real name is J. F. O'Neill :) I use that for Internet "real name" (it stands for Joseph Francis, but I never use them online except to explain what the J. F. means).

My chosen name here is Herr_Mannelig, from a Swedish ballad about a Christian knight who refuses the advances of a troll; fitting name for the Internet I think :)

I see people linked to posts of mine I had before; they are calling me "Ros" or the like because of "Rosarium", the Latin word for "Rosary" (I make rosaries).

As for the Internet, they are also referencing my statements that nothing should be taken as fact on the Internet with proof. Anyone could lie; an honest person is completely indistinguishable from a good liar. I could be a female FBI agent looking for revolutionaries for all anyone knows; anyone else could be anyone as well.

I have, with another name, been consistently mistaken for female on the Internet before. There is actually very little difference in how things work on the Internet, as one who has spent a lot of time around people who thought I was female (through their mistakes) and as a male identified as one.

EDIT: I'm a vegan, which is why they mentioned me. When I am in a better position to marry, finding a like minded woman to marry would be very nice so it is nice to know I am not alone :) Perhaps one day...

Thanks for all the clarification. Why have people mistaken you for a female before? That's pretty crazy.
His screen name was LaRoza.
(01-13-2010, 12:25 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(01-13-2010, 11:59 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: Really? 

That thing can do EVERYTHING.

Can it make me food?

Yes... it can "make you food", but for vultures. One round of its cannon and you will be "done" :)

That  GAU-8 Avenger can put rounds in a 20 foot circle from 5 miles away. Its thrust is equal to have of its engines. The entire plane is structured around that gun (the gun is not centred, because it fires at the "9 o'clock" position and to have the gun centred would through the plane off). When the gun is removed, they have to prop the plane up.

It was obviously built so that the people who made that gun could make it fly. "Hey, we have a massive powerful gatling gun...lets given it wings!". Engineers...

The A-10 is slated to be replaced by the F35. The F35 looks like a very good plane, but I don't see how it quite fills the A-10's role, even with SDBs. I have a feeling that the A-10 will be used for a long time, just like the B-52s.

That is amazing.

More reasons to love America. 

And engineers, haha.
(01-13-2010, 12:28 PM)Stephanos Wrote:
(01-13-2010, 12:19 PM)Louis_Martin Wrote: Congrats, HCF!!
You managed to get five smileys out of Herr, a rarely seen feat.
I think he likes you.  :laughing:

But the deal-clencher will be what OS she uses.

By the way, nice profile, HCF  :tiphat:

What OS is in use is always the deal-clencher.
(01-13-2010, 12:39 PM)HCF Wrote: Thanks for all the clarification. Why have people mistaken you for a female before? That's pretty crazy.

Because I used a name which sounded female to the uneducated masses. Also, at the time, I did not divulge personal information and I let them call me whatever they wanted as long as it was consistent. That was a while ago though.

What OS do you use?

(01-13-2010, 12:37 PM)HCF Wrote: You wouldn't date a vegetarian? You may just be kidding around, but from my experience, there really AREN'T a lot of "fish in the see" (no pun intended, re: name of this website) and that's a bit picky.

I doubt your own personal choice of what to eat matters to anyone.  Your reasoning for being a vegetarian might, though.  Maybe you could elaborate on that?  Or he may be thinking ahead to a possible marriage.  Would you be able/willing to cook non-vegetarian food for the family?  Sometimes these small details cause major problems later :laughing:
(01-13-2010, 12:53 PM)cgraye Wrote: I doubt your own personal choice of what to eat matters to anyone.  Your reasoning for being a vegetarian might, though.  Maybe you could elaborate on that?  Or he may be thinking ahead to a possible marriage.  Would you be able/willing to cook non-vegetarian food for the family?  Sometimes these small details cause major problems later :laughing:

I do not think a mother/wife should have to cook nonnatural foods for the family as long as proper food is prepared in some way. Perhaps if the man were a hunter, there would be an issue, but otherwise, any man not willing to eat his wife's food deserves to starve or make it himself.

A proper vegetarian meal is very good and anyone who rejects it has mental problems.