Weakland 'did [his] best'
(01-14-2010, 03:53 PM)Bonifacius Wrote: I was walking through downtown Milwaukee and saw a man on the terrace of the cathedral rectory/office building who I thought might be Weakland.  Several people on the sidewalk were chatting with him.  I should have looked up, asked if he was Weakland, and told him what a disgrace he was. 

Normally I'd never advise someone to do that, but you should've.  I'll say something next time I see him around Milwaukee.
(01-14-2010, 08:56 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: We're not as bad as he is.   We didn't lead an entire diocese into heresy and apostasy, he did.  And when people lose their Faith, so will their children.  He's done damage several generations down the road.
Now I'm waiting for the obligatory post by glgas saying we shouldn't judge.   ::)

I know many people even a strictly traditional group from the Millwaukee diocese, who are not heretic. You definitely should not judge

- without proof

- with unjust generalization

And even with serious (and presented) proof, first you always should  consider: what good is coming out from your judgment?
(01-14-2010, 09:40 PM)glgas Wrote:
(01-14-2010, 08:56 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: We're not as bad as he is.   We didn't lead an entire diocese into heresy and apostasy, he did.  And when people lose their Faith, so will their children.  He's done damage several generations down the road.
Now I'm waiting for the obligatory post by glgas saying we shouldn't judge.   ::)

I know many people even a strictly traditional group from the Millwaukee diocese, who are not heretic. You definitely should not judge

- without proof

And even with serious (and presented) proof, first you always should  consider: what good is coming out from your judgment?
Who are you to judge his judging?

- without proof

Most of the diocese in Wisconsin are crap and not even the small amount of orthodox and well-informed Catholics can change that.
(01-14-2010, 09:44 PM)Walty Wrote:

- without proof

Most of the diocese in Wisconsin are crap and not even the small amount of orthodox and well-informed Catholics can change that.
Exaclty.  Try as they might, even the more orthodox bishops are up against walls of liberal priests, who denounce the bishop from the pulpit even.  But the people need the sacraments, so the bishops let these priests teach heresy and lead the faithful to perdition.

- without proof

To echo Walty, it requires way too much effort to find them in the Archdiocese of Milwaukee or the Diocese of Green Bay.

[Update: fix my grammar!]
(01-14-2010, 10:58 PM)btdn Wrote:

- without proof

To echo Walty, it requires way too much effort to find them in the Archdiocese of Milwaukee or the Diocese of Green Bay to find them.

Buuuuut, it's turning around...  ^_^  Slowly.  Very slowly.

- without proof

As it's been explained to you who knows how many times, we're allowed to judge actions, including the actions of Rembert Weakland.

I know he did his best at wreckovating that cathedral, and basically told the Pope to go stuff it when told to cease and desist.
What's become of that cathedral is hideous.  And the crucifix...

Check out the wishbone in Jesus' hand.
[Image: carona1.JPG]
Oh wow.  They did a similar thing to a university I went to, just recently.