Weakland 'did [his] best'
(01-14-2010, 11:37 PM)Walty Wrote: What's become of that cathedral is hideous.  And the crucifix...

Check out the wishbone in Jesus' hand.
[Image: carona1.JPG]

Ewwwww...

I don't know what's worse: that someone made this or that someone actually put it up...
I've heard rumors that even our (Archdiocese of Milwaukee) previous Archbishop was no fan of the crucifix in the Cathedral.

And, Iuvenalis, sorry for the minor correction, but it's Grothmann. 

And, I'm not sure what business the State Senator has doing talking about Abp. Weakland.  Like I've said before, I am no fan of him at all (I've even gone so far to pledge to not step inside his cathedral until it's fixed - with the exception of two joyous occasions - my uncle becoming a deacon, and my uncle being ordained a priest [this happens in April/May and next year, so prayers for him!!]), but I think the recent anti-Weakland sentiment in the press is "easy" and "fun" for the media.  No one ever complained about him before, and I think the media sided with him in 2002 when he wreckovated our lovely cathedral. 

So, let's hit him for good reason, but not dredge up the past, or points we've already berated him for.
(01-14-2010, 10:01 AM)Servus_Maria Wrote: "God will be my judge", damn right.

They'd better bury Weakland with another $28 million in case God needs to be paid off.

No....make that $38 million since Obama is printing money and the dollar is devaluing.
(01-14-2010, 09:42 PM)Louis_Martin Wrote: Who are you to judge his judging?

You are right. I should have wrote: No one is allowed to judge

- without proof

- with unjust generalization

And even with serious (and presented) proof, first one always should  consider: what good is coming out from your judgment?

I apologize sincerely.
(01-15-2010, 08:30 AM)glgas Wrote:
(01-14-2010, 09:42 PM)Louis_Martin Wrote: Who are you to judge his judging?

You are right. I should have wrote: No one is allowed to judge

- without proof

- with unjust generalization

And even with serious (and presented) proof, first one always should  consider: what good is coming out from your judgment?

I apologize sincerely.

We are allowed to judge actions.  Else, a mother wouldn't be able to stop her child from reaching his or her hand onto the stove while it's in use.

What we are not allowed to do is to judge a person's soul.
(01-14-2010, 09:44 PM)Walty Wrote: Most of the diocese in Wisconsin are crap and not even the small amount of orthodox and well-informed Catholics can change that.

I used ti go to Wisconsin regularly on weekends, and my experience is that the Church attendance is at least as much as in the Chicago suburbs, and the masses are more reverent than the average over here.

Also my faith says that whatever is the Mass, it brings to the Earth and the participants God's grace, and that is the important thing.

What is your standard to be 'crap'?
(01-15-2010, 08:38 AM)glgas Wrote: What is your standard to be 'crap'?

That "crucifix" meets my standard nicely.
That's a crucifix? 

wow...
(01-15-2010, 12:05 PM)Texican Wrote: That's a crucifix? 

wow...

Yeah, you can tell by the wishbone.
(01-15-2010, 12:06 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: Yeah, you can tell by the wishbone.

I was hoping that was just a scratch on my screen or something...