Sovereign Order of Saint John of Jerusalem
(01-14-2010, 11:45 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(01-14-2010, 11:06 PM)Mac_Giolla_Bhrighde Wrote: Its invitation only. There is an exclusive social club here that from the outside their requirements don't look to bad to the normal middle class person, but that requirement for 5 members to nominate you will sink anybody that doesn't show any potential to climb into the upper crust. But don't let that discourage you. If you think that Order is right for you then find a member and start talking to them. You never know. Finding a priest that is a member might be the easier route.

I contacted a Knight of Malta about membership, and he said I should become an auxiliary of the Order by assisting pilgrims to Lourdes. But he suggested that it's rare for anyone under 40 to get in as a full knight.

I think it's lamentable that young people can't fill prestigious positions anymore. I mean, there are no more 23-year old generals or anything like that.

:laughing:

True, seniority before merit. I wondered if they had some "underclassman" type thing. That is a tall order to comply with if you are not in Europe. I guess the Order of Malta will just never really be for Americans. It would be nice to have something other than KofC though.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Sovereign Order of Saint John of Jerusalem - by Mac_Giolla_Bhrighde - 01-15-2010, 01:56 AM