How the Average Pewsitter Views the SSPX
(01-15-2010, 08:47 PM)HotRod Wrote: I dont understand why you would need the "supervision" of a state qualified teacher.  They really dont know much more than anyone else.  Your husband needs to get with the program,

Her husband is the head of their family.  She has been patiently and prayerfully drawing her family to a deeper faith, in part by respecting her husband's authority.  She should be encouraged to continue.
Did I say she should disobey her husband?  No. 

all the same,  I do not understand his objection.  If he was here I'd tell him myself.
(01-15-2010, 08:21 PM)Hollyhock18 Wrote: I have posted entries to my blog here because I wanted feedback on what I've written without revealing who I am. It's that simple.

It's not that simple.  In another thread you started called "Mad at Trads" someone gave feedback that wasn't so pleasant.  And you had this to say:

Quote:Exactly, that's what that woman is trying to say. People here cant even discuss this without being mean. Which is why i brought it up. Are you saying that any of you would honestly say to her face "boo hoo...", etc.?

Oh - and I'm smearing traditionalists by posting something someone else wrote? Wow-touchy!
Like someone said above - "you're not helping." That cheeky pink girl is basically saying you're all driving her away from traditionalism. You should care instead of giving her a hard time. This is why I haven't went to a latin mass.

The post was a troll, you used your deception to attack the feedback you got (i.e., posting something that "someone else wrote"), and then started telling people they should care about "CheekyPinkGirl".  Whether you are looking for feedback or not, it's clear to me based on your posts and lies that you are trolling people and looking to pick a fight.  Why do I say that?  Because you could have made your post, not saying it was your blog, and sat back and watched the posts.  Instead, you immediately went on the attack when you got feedback that you didn't like.

If you don't see the deception, the intellectual dishonesty, and how it affects taking anything you say other than as trolling or an attack on something you don't like, namely traditional Catholicism, then I think you should find a disinterested 3rd party to look at this and see if they come to a conclusion that it's not so simple.  It's a set up, a troll, and it's based on your deception and, as shown above, outright lies.

But I'm sure I'm just being a "mean trad" because I'm calling you on the fact that you're trolling in this forum.

From now on, please be honest and upfront.  People can't have a proper discussion when it is shadowed with this kind of nonsense.  If you want to ask questions or talk about stuff, fine.  If you want to do this other kind of nonsense, please take it somewhere else.
(01-15-2010, 09:09 PM)HotRod Wrote: Did I say she should disobey her husband?  No. 

all the same,  I do not understand his objection.  If he was here I'd tell him myself.

I homeschool and I completely agree with you that, in general, supervision by a teacher is not necessary.  But it is this man's family and he thinks it is.  And for all we know, in this particular situation, he is right, But it doesn't matter whether or not he is.  Telling a man's wife that he "needs to get with the program" is tempting her to go against her husband.  I'm sure you didn't mean anything bad, but that wasn't a good way to put it.
I agree with you.  See  my signature  :)
(01-15-2010, 02:30 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: yeah, I think there's a LOT more snottiness and injustice, shunning behavior, coming from the NO crowd than the other way around.

SSPXers have all been mostly pretty kind to me, most of the time, in contrast to Indultarians, Conservative NOers and the like.

The worst part about it is that it's all based on hearsay and false premises....

You haven't read most of the posts here about the NOtards, among other kinds of so called Catholic tards............................

Bishop Bruskewitz declared excommunication for laity who assisted at SSPX Masses in what was his diocese.  Whatever happened with that, by the way?
(01-15-2010, 09:33 PM)lumine Wrote: Bishop Bruskewitz declared excommunication for laity who assisted at SSPX Masses in what was his diocese.  Whatever happened with that, by the way?

It was upheld by Rome.  As far as I know, it wasn't remitted when the bishops' excommunications were.
I agree with Scipio.  The New to Tradition Kit from the SSPX is not helpful at all, IMO.  It should be titled "New to the SSPX" because it basically just has pamphlets explaining the SSPX's position.  Letter to Confused Catholics is in there and that is good.  But honestly, the SSPX would do better by putting a catechism in the kit or some other books explaining the Catholic Faith not the position of the SSPX. 
(01-15-2010, 09:04 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(01-15-2010, 08:47 PM)HotRod Wrote: I don't understand why you would need the "supervision" of a state qualified teacher.  They really don't know much more than anyone else.  Your husband needs to get with the program,

Her husband is the head of their family.  She has been patiently and prayerfully drawing her family to a deeper faith, in part by respecting her husband's authority.  She should be encouraged to continue.

Even if I don't NEED supervision, I would gladly accept it if it gets us started on homeschooling.  And JayneK is right - I will never get anywhere arguing with my hubby.  By patiently waiting, a little at a time, 4 of my 5 children are now attending a TLM with me.  With a little more patience, maybe my hubby will come to tradition. 

BTW, it is not my teaching ability he questions, but ;my ability to stay on track and organized.  My friend is teaching me how to run my house & be better organized w/ better obedience from my kids. (Right now they don't listen to me well!}  Her influence has been so positive that he is willing to try homeschooling if she is part of it.  (She is very good at keeping me accountable while I work at changing my habits.)  I think once I have some consistent success hubby will feel more comfortable.
(01-15-2010, 07:05 PM)Scipio_a Wrote:
(01-15-2010, 01:26 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2010...neral.html

This has been addressed ad nauseum...

No, she is not one of us...not if she has the option of a TLM and runs off to "communion" and "reconciliation"...LOL

I would not be so sure that she IS Catholic...it's only a matter of time....we believe as we pray...she prays differently so she probably believes differently...she does not respond to the graces available to her to see the SSPX in it's true light...FULLY CATHOLIC...thus she is probably not
Perhaps you have had this discussion ad nausuem, and I've heard the same discussion myself a few dozzen times, but this thread isn't so much for your benefit, it's for the benefit of conservative Catholics like her who need to be made aware of the truth of the SSPX  rather than the various slurs and slanders heaped upon them by truly culpable people, inmho, neocons like Mark Shea, for example or others like him who give erroneous opinions.

People like her are hard enough to persuade without static coming from the other end closing down the conversation.

She is one of us.  As far as I know, she's a Roman Catholic, believes all of the Dogmas necessary for salvation and who knows, perhaps someone at the SSPX pissed her off so that her animus is even stronger and more irrational than before.