Busted! Pope Benedict to Schönborn: Be careful about Medjugorje
(01-17-2010, 04:28 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Uuuh, the Pope "warned" Card. Schönborn. The double-standard is appalling.

I'll be glad when I see the Pope actually excommunicating the heretics he has under his authority around the dioceses of the world.
please get it straight there is a Rumor that the pope warned him to be sensative,
the title of this thread is very delusional
(01-16-2010, 10:37 PM)Texican Wrote:
(01-16-2010, 05:21 PM)i.p.i. Wrote: :laughing:  that photo of the Pope with Schonborn -- il Papa looks like he's got his eye on Schonborn and is wondering what to do about him.

you know, Papa Benedetto, if you're reading FE today, Haiti needs a new archbishop now, since the previous one was found dead under the rubble of the cathedral.  if Schonborn is interested in real piety, i'll bet he'd find plenty of it in Haiti.  and lots of opportunity to serve people who have real problems.  it might be good for him.

just a thought.

First Pat Robertson, now this...

What, is it kick the Haitians when they're down month, or what?

mea culpa.  i was thinking he'd be inspired to true Catholic holiness but the Haitians shouldn't have to take a chance on that.  good thing the Pope is unlikely to be reading FE, he might warn me. 

(01-17-2010, 08:31 AM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote:
(01-17-2010, 04:28 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Uuuh, the Pope "warned" Card. Schönborn. The double-standard is appalling.

I'll be glad when I see the Pope actually excommunicating the heretics he has under his authority around the dioceses of the world.
please get it straight there is a Rumor that the pope warned him to be sensative,
the title of this thread is very delusional

The local ordinary has not only complained to Rome, but has made public statements essentially condemning the Cardinal's behavior, then, shortly after, the Cardinal is in Rome meeting with one of the most influential men in the world.

Maybe they discussed what they were going to do for the next World Youth Day, maybe they discussed football and the Viking's dream-team setup, maybe they're talking about Fisheaters? 
(01-16-2010, 08:31 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:
(01-16-2010, 04:34 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: You won't find this on Spirt Daily, thanks AQ. 
Yeah, what's up with the guy at Spirit Daily?  Hasn't he heard any of the things that we already know about Medjugorje?  Has anyone ever confronted those folks at Spirit Daily?  What is wrong with them?  Are they too enamoured at the possibility of a miracle to be able to see truth? 

Yes, I've emailed Mr. Brown on several ocassions over the last couple of years or so and again last night after the OP brought this to my attention.  It's frustrating.  I always get the polite rebuke and offer of prayers for my discernment.  Here's the latest exchange:

My email to Mr. Brown Wrote:Mr. Brown,

Why not post links to the comments of Cardinal Saraiva on your site?  This information directly relates to your recent blathering on Cardinal Schonborn.  Perhaps this just escaped your attention.  Here are some links to coverage on the story –

http://catholiclight.stblogs.org/archive...s-car.html
http://te-deum.blogspot.com/2010/01/card...ks-on.html
http://catholiclight.stblogs.org/archive...t-t-1.html

I hope you will read and consider their content.  I thought this quote from the above was interesting and quite telling:  “"Devil", after all, means: "he who divides".”

Dominus vobiscum,

Michael

reply Wrote:His comments we carried a year or two ago; why repeat the same thing?

We appreciate hearing from you, we pray for all who contact us, we ask your prayers, and please let your friends and relatives know of www.spiritdaily.com.

In Christ and His Blessed Mother,

My reply Wrote:How could he have commented on Cardinal Schonborn’s visit “a year or two ago”?  Obviously, you didn’t take the time to read and consider their content as requested.  Or maybe you just don’t [i]want to hear the truth as he and others see it.

Yes.  Frustrating.   >:(

(01-17-2010, 11:09 AM)Beware_the_Ides Wrote:
(01-16-2010, 08:31 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:
(01-16-2010, 04:34 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: You won't find this on Spirt Daily, thanks AQ. 
Yeah, what's up with the guy at Spirit Daily?  Hasn't he heard any of the things that we already know about Medjugorje?  Has anyone ever confronted those folks at Spirit Daily?  What is wrong with them?  Are they too enamoured at the possibility of a miracle to be able to see truth? 

Yes, I've emailed Mr. Brown on several ocassions over the last couple of years or so and again last night after the OP brought this to my attention.  It's frustrating.  I always get the polite rebuke and offer of prayers for my discernment.  Here's the latest exchange:

My email to Mr. Brown Wrote:Mr. Brown,

Why not post links to the comments of Cardinal Saraiva on your site?  This information directly relates to your recent blathering on Cardinal Schonborn.  Perhaps this just escaped your attention.  Here are some links to coverage on the story –

http://catholiclight.stblogs.org/archive...s-car.html
http://te-deum.blogspot.com/2010/01/card...ks-on.html
http://catholiclight.stblogs.org/archive...t-t-1.html

I hope you will read and consider their content.  I thought this quote from the above was interesting and quite telling:  “"Devil", after all, means: "he who divides".”

Dominus vobiscum,

Michael

Michael Browns reply Wrote:His comments we carried a year or two ago; why repeat the same thing?

We appreciate hearing from you, we pray for all who contact us, we ask your prayers, and please let your friends and relatives know of www.spiritdaily.com.

In Christ and His Blessed Mother,
Michael H. Brown

My reply Wrote:How could he have commented on Cardinal Schonborn’s visit “a year or two ago”?  Obviously, you didn’t take the time to read and consider their content as requested.  Or maybe you just don’t [i]want to hear the truth as he and others see it.

Yes.  Frustrating.   >:(

Does he run a business which depends on revenue trelated to the site, like taking tours there and the like? 
Yes.  He sells books he's written, conducts retreats around the country and leads pilgrimages to Medjugorje.  He also has links to other pilgrimages (Medjugorje and other places).
(01-17-2010, 12:26 PM)Beware_the_Ides Wrote: Yes.  He sells books he's written, conducts retreats around the country and leads pilgrimages to Medjugorje.  He also has links to other pilgrimages (Medjugorje and other places).
Simony is a damnable sin
I received another reply from him

Quote:he said the same thing about the possibility of the devil, as I recall May God bless you! we pray for you. Please pray for us, and let your friends know about us! www.spiritdaily.com

In Christ,

And I responded thus

Quote:In other words, you're going to ignore his comments or don't consider his take on the subject to be newsworthy.  Rather myopic of you.  Much more was said beyond the short quote I offered.  Do you purport that the manner in which you present information on this topic is unbiased?  I'm certain it is not. 

If and when I let my friends know about you, I make sure to warn them of that fact.  Be assured of my prayers for you.

AMDG,

Michael