I so wish I had employment so I could post.
(09-24-2012, 09:23 PM)GodFirst Wrote: Like I said I am trying to start my own herbal business which I know a lot more about than how to fix furniture and stuff.

As in herbalism? That's fantastic. How far along are you in starting the business?
(10-16-2012, 03:28 PM)Graham Wrote:
(09-24-2012, 09:23 PM)GodFirst Wrote: Like I said I am trying to start my own herbal business which I know a lot more about than how to fix furniture and stuff.

As in herbalism? That's fantastic. How far along are you in starting the business?

Code for "growing weed".  Dude, just remember: Never get high off your own supply.  Sticking tongue out at you 

Actually, herbalism sounds like a decent business, too bad so many new age, neopagans, wiccans, other bs groups tie themselves to it so often.
(10-16-2012, 07:27 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote:
(10-16-2012, 03:28 PM)Graham Wrote:

Code for "growing weed".  Dude, just remember: Never get high off your own supply.  Sticking tongue out at you 

Actually, herbalism sounds like a decent business, too bad so many new age, neopagans, wiccans, other bs groups tie themselves to it so often.

Yeah, a lot of crazies frequent the herbalism scene. However, it is definately an up and coming trend that accompanies other trends like homesteading, organic, etc. If you can find some creative ways to market yourself, getting yourself known in the right circles and such, it is definately possible to be very successful with it. You should keep us updated, I'm interested to see how it goes for you. Smile
Are we sure it isn't up and going?  As in, isn't it fairly likely the herbal stuff has already peaked out, and will go downhill from now on, or at least in the near future?

It's a fad.
(10-16-2012, 08:27 PM)JuniorCouncilor Wrote: Are we sure it isn't up and going?  As in, isn't it fairly likely the herbal stuff has already peaked out, and will go downhill from now on, or at least in the near future?

It's a fad.

I don't believe it has peaked out. Also, and this is simply my opinion, I don't think its a fad that is going to die out anytime soon, reason being peoples skepticism and awareness of how harmful unnatural medicines can be for the body is growing by the day. 
(10-16-2012, 08:35 PM)jen51 Wrote:
(10-16-2012, 08:27 PM)JuniorCouncilor Wrote: Are we sure it isn't up and going?  As in, isn't it fairly likely the herbal stuff has already peaked out, and will go downhill from now on, or at least in the near future?

It's a fad.

I don't believe it has peaked out. Also, and this is simply my opinion, I don't think its a fad that is going to die out anytime soon, reason being peoples skepticism and awareness of how harmful unnatural medicines can be for the body is growing by the day. 

Well, OK, fair enough.  If it's fueled by skepticism it's likely enough to do well and last a while, unless we hit some kind of an energy crisis.  Skepticism is a powerfule driving force in our (intellectual and financial) economy.
Why would it matter if we hit an energy crisis? I'm ignorant, I know.  LOL 
*shrug* I could be wrong.  But I think for two reasons:

a) Any herbs that have to come from long-distance (which I assume would be a lot) would become much more expensive than they are already.
b) When people have bigger problems, they're not going to be worrying about what kind of broccoli will make their skin look better.

(Caveat:  example above is intentionally silly.  People aren't playing enough in the games forum today.)
My tinctures would be for anything from the heart to the kidneys and can be made from locally grown herbs which is what I have been trying to do this past summer.
Dude, just post your "dating resume" and be done with it.