I so wish I had employment so I could post.
A woman who is with you, chastely, while you struggle to become a provider for the family you hope to have, will appreciate it all the more.

Quit the woe-is-me schtick and just find a lady. Maybe go on a mission trip to another land; American women are too materialistic for what we consider poverty and the rest of the world considers near-rich.
(11-29-2012, 03:33 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote: Dude, just post your "dating resume" and be done with it.

Yep.

This thread reeks of lame passivity.
(11-29-2012, 03:50 PM)SMKMI Wrote: American women are too materialistic for what we consider poverty and the rest of the world considers near-rich.

:eyeroll: It's called being practical.
(11-29-2012, 04:11 PM)piabee Wrote:
(11-29-2012, 03:50 PM)SMKMI Wrote: American women are too materialistic for what we consider poverty and the rest of the world considers near-rich.

:eyeroll: It's called being practical.

When Americans learn they don't need 75% of the BS they purchase and call "necessary", I'll agree. Until then, I'm boycotting American women.
(11-29-2012, 04:13 PM)SMKMI Wrote: When Americans learn they don't need 75% of the BS they purchase and call "necessary", I'll agree. Until then, I'm boycotting American women.

You realize you are insulting 90% of the Catholic women who post on this forum?

eta: To be entirely clear, the 10% are also Catholic (but not American).
(11-29-2012, 04:14 PM)piabee Wrote:
(11-29-2012, 04:13 PM)SMKMI Wrote: When Americans learn they don't need 75% of the BS they purchase and call "necessary", I'll agree. Until then, I'm boycotting American women.

You realize you are insulting 90% of the Catholic women who post on this forum?

Let them be insulted. In a few years, due to the certitude of a collapsing economy, 90% who post on this forum will be starving while their Ikea furniture and massive collections of entertainment (cd's, dvds, etc.) appear to them a mockery of their hunger pangs; for like Esau who traded the immediate for the future, their pots of porridge take form in plastic and chinese junk.

If you can't eat it, wear it, or shoot it, or use it to make something to eat that you've shot while wearing what you've shot and eaten, it's useless.

TV, extra cars, etc.

Pookie is poor but has a flat screen and an Xbox thanks to the welfarez. Parker and Britney are in the same boat and have tons of debt, useless degrees (college, these days, is almost pointless excepting a few technological fields), and satiate themselves on catalog mail-order and take-out lifestyles, etc.

There was once a time when a woman was happy with a man who, though he couldn't buy her the moon, worked hard for a roof, food, and clothes. No longer is this so. Surely, not all Americans, male or female, are materialistic snobs-- but most are. And most will starve to death when the bubble pops. At least us more practically minded folks will have access to crappy furniture to burn for warmth and CD/DVD collections to watch once Britney and Parker have offed themselves due to depression and psychosis during the collapse, or otherwise starved while looking with their last breath upon the 20k dollars worth of inedible, impractical consumerism for which they left themselves unprepared.

Let them be offended.
(11-29-2012, 04:23 PM)SMKMI Wrote: Let them be insulted.

The majority of them are Catholic mothers who are working hard (at home) to raise their children in the Faith. Your attitude is not Catholic.
ahhh, the grand fe  tradition of hating on american women.

I've never let the lack of gainful employment stand in the way of having a relationship, and neither should you.
(11-29-2012, 04:30 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: ahhh, the grand fe  tradition of hating on american women.

In all fairness, it falls back on the shoulders of their dads who didn't, as men in generations prior, put a stop to the avalanche when it was still a snowflake's shout of "give me!"

And it also falls on the shoulders of the males who let it perpetuate in other forms which encourage such behavior.