I so wish I had employment so I could post.
(11-29-2012, 04:23 PM)SMKMI Wrote: There was once a time when a woman was happy with a man who, though he couldn't buy her the moon, worked hard for a roof, food, and clothes. No longer is this so. Surely, not all Americans, male or female, are materialistic snobs-- but most are. And most will starve to death when the bubble pops. At least us more practically minded folks will have access to crappy furniture to burn for warmth and CD/DVD collections to watch once Britney and Parker have offed themselves due to depression and psychosis during the collapse, or otherwise starved while looking with their last breath upon the 20k dollars worth of inedible, impractical consumerism for which they left themselves unprepared.

Let them be offended.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

"When the bubble pops, all those women who thought I was an arrogant jerk and wouldn't give me the time of day will be humbled and sorry."

You're not the only American who knows how to pinch pennies, garden, and shoot game, kiddo.  Good luck with that "boycott".
I would like to point out that Chicago is the murder capital of all the cities in the World. This has been reported by Lou Dobbs many times. We have treble what NYC has, and other American cities are nowhere near that number. One has to compare us to Cartel country to find other places as productive in the murder and mutilation business.

tim
(11-29-2012, 05:50 PM)Tim Wrote: I would like to point out that Chicago is the murder capital of all the cities in the World. This has been reported by Lou Dobbs many times. We have treble what NYC has, and other American cities are nowhere near that number. One has to compare us to Cartel country to find other places as productive in the murder and mutilation business.

tim

Tim, did you mean to post in the thread about Chicago?

As for American vs. foreign women, we need to get ggreg to notice this so he can post about Russian brides. I was actually checking out several related websites per ggreg's advice at one point, so I'm not knocking it, but I'm very happy with my American girlfriend (of Eastern European descent) now.
(11-29-2012, 05:32 PM)Johanna Wrote:
(11-29-2012, 04:23 PM)SMKMI Wrote: There was once a time when a woman was happy with a man who, though he couldn't buy her the moon, worked hard for a roof, food, and clothes. No longer is this so. Surely, not all Americans, male or female, are materialistic snobs-- but most are. And most will starve to death when the bubble pops. At least us more practically minded folks will have access to crappy furniture to burn for warmth and CD/DVD collections to watch once Britney and Parker have offed themselves due to depression and psychosis during the collapse, or otherwise starved while looking with their last breath upon the 20k dollars worth of inedible, impractical consumerism for which they left themselves unprepared.

Let them be offended.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

"When the bubble pops, all those women who thought I was an arrogant jerk and wouldn't give me the time of day will be humbled and sorry."

You're not the only American who knows how to pinch pennies, garden, and shoot game, kiddo.  Good luck with that "boycott".

if you fall in a preferable category, excellent. But let's be honest-- most Americans, male or female, do not. Population centers are, in effect and fact, urban. Most are in areas with no real game to speak of, nor land which can be cultivated, nor do the inhabitants know the uncultivated flora and fauna which are edible-- or even how to make them so.

Even if this were the case, most are in areas without firearms due to erroneous and unconstitutional laws, or simply don't have the ammo stock on hand to make use of their firearms in a hunting role.

Many folks have thousands of dollars, if not tens of thousands, worth of debt and really nothing of importance to show for it which can be utilized in a manner requiring out of the box thinking and survival. Most would rather have immediate satisfaction instead of future planning, and most, regrettably, trust that their savings are safe in the banks.  :LOL:

If you can't put your hand on it, it ain't yours. If you can put your hand on it and it serves no tangible purpose in a foreseen situation, it's money better spent. The only exception to this, I believe, are sacramentals and Traditional Catholic literature.

Have no fear, Johanna, for if you do not fall into the category of walking-dead, you will fall into the survivor category by default. But the question then becomes, "will the living envy the dead?"
(11-29-2012, 06:01 PM)SMKMI Wrote: Have no fear, Johanna, for if you do not fall into the category of walking-dead, you will fall into the survivor category by default. But the question then becomes, "will the living envy the dead?"

So you're not disparaging all American women, just predicting the zombie apocalypse?

It would take more than an economic meltdown to trigger the kind of mass starvation that you are describing, considering the massive amount of food produced in America even in a bad year.  Will things get worse?  Probably.  Will chickens come home to roost? Certainly.  But the sheer size of the population of the world at this point insures that there will always be a society of some sort, barring a truly catastrophic and totally unforeseeable event of the super-volcanic asteroid type.  So before you strap on your thigh-high boots and load your cut-off shotgun, make friends with your neighbors, especially the ones with valuable skills, what we will need most is to help each other.  You might even find you benefit from the acquaintance of some of those vacuous American women that you're "boycotting". 

Anyhow, I'm off to make pizza from pesto I grew in the garden and flour I mill myself from grain I stock in 50 lb sacks.  Then maybe I'll balance the checkbook and knit a hat. 
(11-29-2012, 06:48 PM)Johanna Wrote:
(11-29-2012, 06:01 PM)SMKMI Wrote: Have no fear, Johanna, for if you do not fall into the category of walking-dead, you will fall into the survivor category by default. But the question then becomes, "will the living envy the dead?"

So you're not disparaging all American women, just predicting the zombie apocalypse?

It would take more than an economic meltdown to trigger the kind of mass starvation that you are describing, considering the massive amount of food produced in America even in a bad year.  Will things get worse?  Probably.  Will chickens come home to roost? Certainly.  But the sheer size of the population of the world at this point insures that there will always be a society of some sort, barring a truly catastrophic and totally unforeseeable event of the super-volcanic asteroid type.  So before you strap on your thigh-high boots and load your cut-off shotgun, make friends with your neighbors, especially the ones with valuable skills, what we will need most is to help each other.  You might even find you benefit from the acquaintance of some of those vacuous American women that you're "boycotting". 

Anyhow, I'm off to make pizza from pesto I grew in the garden and flour I mill myself from grain I stock in 50 lb sacks.  Then maybe I'll balance the checkbook and knit a hat.   

Woman! Bone of your husband's bone and flesh of his flesh. You give me hope.
(11-29-2012, 06:00 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(11-29-2012, 05:50 PM)Tim Wrote: I would like to point out that Chicago is the murder capital of all the cities in the World. This has been reported by Lou Dobbs many times. We have treble what NYC has, and other American cities are nowhere near that number. One has to compare us to Cartel country to find other places as productive in the murder and mutilation business.

tim

Tim, did you mean to post in the thread about Chicago?

HK, I know I'm getting a little daft but I think this started with him saying he is in the murder capital. The first page or so, some were speculating where tha was. I wanted point that out and not interfere with the marriage conversation.

sorry,

tim

As for American vs. foreign women, we need to get ggreg to notice this so he can post about Russian brides. I was actually checking out several related websites per ggreg's advice at one point, so I'm not knocking it, but I'm very happy with my American girlfriend (of Eastern European descent) now.
(11-29-2012, 07:09 PM)Tim Wrote: HK, I know I'm getting a little daft but I think this started with him saying he is in the murder capital. The first page or so, some were speculating where tha was. I wanted point that out and not interfere with the marriage conversation.

sorry,

tim

Oh, okay. I didn't see that. I wonder what makes Chicagoans so bloodthirsty.
(11-29-2012, 07:32 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(11-29-2012, 07:09 PM)Tim Wrote: HK, I know I'm getting a little daft but I think this started with him saying he is in the murder capital. The first page or so, some were speculating where tha was. I wanted point that out and not interfere with the marriage conversation.

sorry,

tim

Oh, okay. I didn't see that. I wonder what makes Chicagoans so bloodthirsty.

Wind has a dehydrating effect.
(11-29-2012, 05:14 PM)SMKMI Wrote: a snowflake's shout of "give me!"

:snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake:
(11-29-2012, 06:49 PM)SMKMI Wrote: Woman! Bone of your husband's bone and flesh of his flesh. You give me hope.

Are we supposed to take this as an apology?