I so wish I had employment so I could post.
(12-04-2012, 05:04 PM)SMKMI Wrote:
(12-04-2012, 11:02 AM)Johanna Wrote:
(12-03-2012, 12:23 AM)GodFirst Wrote:
(12-01-2012, 11:45 PM)DrBombay Wrote:
(12-01-2012, 11:27 PM)GodFirst Wrote: It happens with almost every single one of my threads. why, oh, why?

It's your cross.  Take it up and follow Him.   :tiphat:
indeed, but it'd still be nice to know the reason.

Because the thread wasn't really about anything in the first place, and threads without a clear purpose a especially vulnerable to hijacking. 

It was a thread about how you weren't going to post a thread, or else an appeal for sympathy, either way, this was bound to happen.

What would you rather we talk about?
What's your pizza recipe?

I use 1 cup of warm water, 1 tablespoon of yeast, and 2 tablespoons of sucanat, whisk it together, and let it sit a few minutes until it starts to bubble.  Then I add 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 15 ounces of fresh ground kamut flour, a few tablespoons of whey or the phytic starter I cultivate (enough to get the right dough consistency), and 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt.  I then kneed the dough until it's smooth and elastic, let it rise until it doubles, then put it in the refrigerator overnight. 

The next day I get the dough out and knock it down an hour or two before I intend to bake it.  I get three pizzas out of the dough.  I roll them out and top them with homemade pesto or tomato sauce, or even leftover creamed spinach or artichoke dip (my husbands favorite), and cheese, and usually sausage or bacon and vegetables.  I assemble them on a cutting board and slide the pizzas onto a heated cast iron griddle (because I don't like single purpose gadgets like a pizza stone) in a 500 degree oven for 10 - 12 minutes.

The kids always declare that it is their favorite dinner, though they said the same thing about enchiladas tonight.