What do Chinese Moon Cakes taste like?
Ilovechinesemooncakes, you really have me wondering about these. I just looked them up at Wiki, but what does "lotus paste" taste like? They look very yummy... In fact the other day when I was out to do the grocery shopping I drove past the local Chinese market, and I thought of YOU, and I almost stopped in there to inquire about the delicacies, your namesake, but then in the end didn't. I didn't want to get sidetracked; too much to do errand-wise et al... Next time I just might have to go and buy some.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
I lived down wind from chi town for years.
Iv eaten lotus cakes before. Didn't call em moom cakes for pobvious reasons
Anyhoo I'm not a fan
Sip
They look like one of those foods that are tasty to the eye but not to the mouth.
(01-18-2010, 07:56 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: Ilovechinesemooncakes, you really have me wondering about these. I just looked them up at Wiki, but what does "lotus paste" taste like? They look very yummy... In fact the other day when I was out to do the grocery shopping I drove past the local Chinese market, and I thought of YOU, and I almost stopped in there to inquire about the delicacies, your namesake, but then in the end didn't. I didn't want to get sidetracked; too much to do errand-wise et al... Next time I just might have to go and buy some.

They taste like communism, cheese (which is used to make the moon) and cake.
(01-18-2010, 01:40 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(01-18-2010, 07:56 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: Ilovechinesemooncakes, you really have me wondering about these. I just looked them up at Wiki, but what does "lotus paste" taste like? They look very yummy... In fact the other day when I was out to do the grocery shopping I drove past the local Chinese market, and I thought of YOU, and I almost stopped in there to inquire about the delicacies, your namesake, but then in the end didn't. I didn't want to get sidetracked; too much to do errand-wise et al... Next time I just might have to go and buy some.

:eats:

They're pretty good, actually.
(01-18-2010, 01:40 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:

I'm all for taking a bite out of communism.
An oldie-but-goodie from the incomperable comic "Red Meat".
[Image: index-1.gif]
http://www.redmeat.com/redmeat/1997-10-13/index.html
I've had a few; some are good and some are pretty gross.  They were much better when fresh.  The bean paste ones have a mild flavor and are vaguely sweet, and very filling. 
Oh, I forgot all about this thread.  :laughing: Son of a gun. Thanks for the replies. I think I'll get some moon cakes when I go out shopping today, since I'll be going past the Chinese Market, anyway.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.