DeiMateralma: The Reboot
(01-26-2010, 02:47 PM)HotRod Wrote: you are making star trek quotes, that is a picture of nerds.  Can you handle it from here?

Haha
I joke becasue I am a geek.  I watch Star Wars.  We geeks are a rung above you nerds on the social ladder.
(01-26-2010, 03:06 PM)HotRod Wrote: I joke becasue I am a geek.  I watch Star Wars.  We geeks are a rung above you nerds on the social ladder.

Do you have pure white skin? Do you not cut your hair or shave? Do think think installing software takes priority over showers? Did you ever forget to eat while doing something technical? Forget to sleep? Ever use binary, octal or hex instead of decimal because it is easier?

I am a geek. You probably think episode one is "Star Wars"...

I remember Star Wars before all the remasters and changes. The original.
well, I am 10 years older than you, so doesnt it seem likely that I remember the original star wars?  I still have the original VHS release of the trilogy.  Episode 1, is the worst movie of all time.  period.  It is less Star Wars than the ewoks cartoon.

I see that you refuse to accept me as a geek, because I go outside.  Thats ok.  I also played sports in school.  Oh noes!  I'm not one of you!  Dont worry, you can still be special.
I also play table top RPG's.  There is a whole group of cops that play  :o
You're on a roll, HotRod...

:laughing:
I readily admit, if there is a quantifiable degree of geekness, I would be fairly low on the totem pole, but I refuse to give up my geek creds just becasue I am not as geeky as someone else.
(01-26-2010, 03:15 PM)HotRod Wrote: well, I am 10 years older than you, so doesnt it seem likely that I remember the original star wars?  I still have the original VHS release of the trilogy.  Episode 1, is the worst movie of all time.  period.  It is less Star Wars than the ewoks cartoon.
How about the Christmas Special?

Quote:I see that you refuse to accept me as a geek, because I go outside.  Thats ok.  I also played sports in school.  Oh noes!  I'm not one of you!  Dont worry, you can still be special.
No, I refuse to be called a nerd by you. I am a geek and I can out geek you any day!
I sense a disturbance in the Force, like a *skillet warming up...
I never saw the Christmas special on TV, it was a one shot deal, and Lucas has refused to ever release it again.  I have seen the clips on youtube, and I downloaded the 4 musical numbers, but havnt seen the whole thing.  On the whole, I dont see how it could ruin the brand any worse that the prequel did, or the current clone wars cartoon is doing.