DeiMateralma: The Reboot
(01-26-2010, 03:26 PM)HotRod Wrote: I never saw the Christmas special on TV, it was a one shot deal, and Lucas has refused to ever release it again.  I have seen the clips on youtube, and I downloaded the 4 musical numbers, but havnt seen the whole thing.  On the whole, I dont see how it could ruin the brand any worse that the prequel did, or the current clone wars cartoon is doing.  

Lucas didn't control or want that special, but he wrote, directed and released episode 1...
but it was his displeasure that kept it from being seen ever again.  I think part of the problem with the prequels, is that Lucas surrounded himself with yes men, and refused to be around anyone who would challenge his ideas.  Have you watched the 90 minute long episode 1 review on youtube?
(01-26-2010, 03:22 PM)Texican Wrote: I sense a disturbance in the Force, like a *skillet warming up...

You sense correctly
;D
(01-26-2010, 03:58 PM)DeiMateralma Wrote:
(01-26-2010, 03:22 PM)Texican Wrote: I sense a disturbance in the Force, like a *skillet warming up...

You sense correctly
;D

You stay out of this.

Where were we? Ah, yes, Lucas ruining a classic. Shall we discuss Indiana Jones now?
How the crystal skull sucks?  I havnt studied this movies failing as in depth as Star Wars.  I almost walked out when I found out Mutt was his kid, and again with the aliens.  And I wanted to scream when he put on the hat.  I can just watch Last Crusade over and over, that is Indian jones to me.  Lucas has lost it.  Maybe he never had it.  He is just the idea guy, and now that he has let his pride take over, he no longer surrounds himself with talent to back him up, he makes movies that are garbage.  That's my theory.
(01-26-2010, 04:32 PM)HotRod Wrote: How the crystal skull sucks?  I havnt studied this movies failing as in depth as Star Wars.  I almost walked out when I found out Mutt was his kid, and again with the aliens.  And I wanted to scream when he put on the hat.  I can just watch Last Crusade over and over, that is Indian jones to me.  Lucas has lost it.  Maybe he never had it.  He is just the idea guy, and now that he has let his pride take over, he no longer surrounds himself with talent to back him up, he makes movies that are garbage.  That's my theory.

The worst:

* The Fridge
* The Ants (I mean, the phobia with real animals (snakes, rats and bugs) were part of the series's charm! Not cartoonish computer graphics
I'd forgotten the fridge part.  What a bad movie.  I've only seen it once though.

[Image: time.jpg]

(01-26-2010, 05:01 PM)HotRod Wrote: I'd forgotten the fridge part.  What a bad movie.  I've only seen it once though.
I saw it once. I have no desire to see it again.

Quote:

I removed the tags...whatever that was supposed to be, it sounds weird.
(01-26-2010, 03:09 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(01-26-2010, 03:06 PM)HotRod Wrote: I joke becasue I am a geek.  I watch Star Wars.  We geeks are a rung above you nerds on the social ladder.

Do you have pure white skin? Do you not cut your hair or shave? Do think think installing software takes priority over showers? Did you ever forget to eat while doing something technical? Forget to sleep? Ever use binary, octal or hex instead of decimal because it is easier?

I am a geek. You probably think episode one is "Star Wars"...

I remember Star Wars before all the remasters and changes. The original.

The official theme song at my office full of programmers.
oops, copied some of my official work instead of my screwing off work on the side.  Could you edit your post and delete that please?