DeiMateralma: The Reboot
(01-25-2010, 01:47 PM)HotRod Wrote: Herr Manelig refuses to accept the culteral norm of cutting your hair and shaving your face, but accepts whole heartedly the cultural norm of wearing collared shirts to look more respectable.

I accept the cultural norm, it just isn't MY culture and norm.

Also, I was not entirely serious either; it was portraying the indignation and culture blindness which is rampant for humourous effect. If he is going to pursue Mrs_Spock, he should be prepared to be grilled by random people...after all, after he passes the forum test, he has to go onto the mother and sibling test and they can be harsh (although, her mother is the most kind person on this forum I'd wager, but when it comes to her kids, I have a feeling she has a [large bore firearm] ready).
I suppose that I should prepare for grilling in manner; just as long as I'm not roasted over a spit! :o
(01-25-2010, 01:53 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote: Also, I was not entirely serious either; it was portraying the indignation and culture blindness which is rampant for humourous effect. If he is going to pursue Mrs_Spock, he should be prepared to be grilled by random people...after all, after he passes the forum test, he has to go onto the mother and sibling test and they can be harsh (although, her mother is the most kind person on this forum I'd wager, but when it comes to her kids, I have a feeling she has a [large bore firearm] ready).

Now Herr, don't be scaring folks away.  I appreciate your thoughtful compliment, and although I am a card carrying member of the NRA, I will not shoot anybody--not without cause at least!  ;)  The one to be worried about as far as grilling is concerned is my son-in-law, Mr. ups_wife!

And Mr. Raven: The Application to Date my Daughter is a joke meant to add a little levity to the thread and hopefully to make any potential suitors more comfortable with our insane --well maybe just a little crazy -- family!  After all, three of us are fisheaters.

Now carry on! :crazy:

(01-25-2010, 05:46 PM)orate Wrote: Now Herr, don't be scaring folks away.  I appreciate your thoughtful compliment, and although I am a card carrying member of the NRA, I will not shoot anybody--not without cause at least!   ;)  The one to be worried about as far as grilling is concerned is my son-in-law, Mr. ups_wife!
Wouldn't he just be "Mr. ups"? I mean, That is like saying "Mrs. Hamilton's husband is "Mr. Mrs. Hamilton""
(01-25-2010, 07:14 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(01-25-2010, 05:46 PM)orate Wrote: Now Herr, don't be scaring folks away.  I appreciate your thoughtful compliment, and although I am a card carrying member of the NRA, I will not shoot anybody--not without cause at least!   ;)  The one to be worried about as far as grilling is concerned is my son-in-law, Mr. ups_wife!
Wouldn't he just be "Mr. ups"? I mean, That is like saying "Mrs. Hamilton's husband is "Mr. Mrs. Hamilton""
Rather, it would be "ups".
(01-25-2010, 07:44 PM)Louis_Martin Wrote:

Mr. ups--ups, whatever.  He's the one to watch out for.  After Dei's dad.  ::)
(01-25-2010, 08:07 PM)orate Wrote:
(01-25-2010, 07:44 PM)Louis_Martin Wrote:

Mr. ups--ups, whatever.  He's the one to watch out for.  After Dei's dad.  ::)

Remember when we all had names?
And older brother!   :o

Just kidding!   :laughing:
I s'pose that I'll have a plethora of family members to interogate me; as long, I'm not being electrocuted with batteries, I should remain fine.  I also, have a rather goofy sense of humour. So I do understand as well.
(01-25-2010, 10:03 PM)Ravenonthecross Wrote: I s'pose that I'll have a plethora of family members to interogate me; as long, I'm not being electrocuted with batteries, I should remain fine.  I also, have a rather goofy sense of humour. So I do understand as well.

Mom? did you hear that?  Put those batteries away.  Bring out the waterboard.  :P