Poll: Men only vote: in general which do you think looks best?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll: head covering preferences.
Why is kleenex not on the list?
(01-20-2010, 04:07 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: Why is kleenex not on the list?

It snot.
Hats. Wearing a lace mantilla correctly is a combination of genetics and skill, and more trad women than not just succeed in making it look frumpy.
(01-20-2010, 04:46 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: Hats. Wearing a lace mantilla correctly is a combination of genetics and skill, and more trad women than not just succeed in making it look frumpy.

I disagree.

Any women can look good with a head covering that is flowing than with a hat.
I agree with HK that mantillas look best on Latino/Spanish women. The Mediterranean is where the headdress originates from, after all.
(01-20-2010, 05:14 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: I agree with HK that mantillas look best on Latino/Spanish women. That's where the headdress originates from, after all.

I am including all sorts of veils and scarves over hats, not just mantillas.

(01-20-2010, 05:17 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(01-20-2010, 05:14 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: I agree with HK that mantillas look best on Latino/Spanish women. That's where the headdress originates from, after all.

I am including all sorts of veils and scarves over hats, not just mantillas.

But HK was speaking of the lace mantilla specifically.
Further, some people have "hat" faces.. Some have "scarf" faces. The idea is to find what you look best in and wear that. Don't just wear a veil because other women/girls do and because you think it's the ultimate trad statement.
(01-20-2010, 05:19 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: Further, some people have "hat" faces.. Some have "scarf" faces. The idea is to find what you look best in and wear that. Don't just wear a veil because other women/girls do and because you think it's the ultimate trad statement.

I think scarf/veils/mantillas are better looking, so, girls (especially single ones around my age), do not wear hats.
I rank hats as generally the best, followed by solid veils/snoods/scarves (the more medieval-looking, the better), and mantillas last.

The mantilla might look better with the traditional comb to hold it up.

[Image: Mantilla.jpeg]