Poll: Men only vote: in general which do you think looks best?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll: head covering preferences.
(01-20-2010, 05:21 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(01-20-2010, 05:19 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: Further, some people have "hat" faces.. Some have "scarf" faces. The idea is to find what you look best in and wear that. Don't just wear a veil because other women/girls do and because you think it's the ultimate trad statement.

I think scarf/veils/mantillas are better looking, so, girls (especially single ones around my age), do not wear hats.

Are you saying the girls around you don't wear hats because you think veils are better looking? Really.
(01-20-2010, 05:52 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:
(01-20-2010, 05:19 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: Further, some people have "hat" faces.. Some have "scarf" faces. The idea is to find what you look best in and wear that. Don't just wear a veil because other women/girls do and because you think it's the ultimate trad statement.

I think scarf/veils/mantillas are better looking, so, girls (especially single ones around my age), do not wear hats.

Are you saying the girls around you don't wear hats because you think veils are better looking? Really.

I think he meant it as an order...

No, I'm telling girls not to wear hats. Hey, I might as well try.

Girls, also:

* Don't cut your hair short
* Don't get tattoos
* Don't wear "Crocs"

If anyone listens to me, I might as well benefit from it. Who knows? Maybe the future Fru_Mannelig will have read this, and meet me by chance and I'll, for the first, initiate a social contact...
(01-20-2010, 06:17 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:

Girls, also:

* Don't get tattoos
* Don't wear "Crocs"

Wow. Can I try that? Allow me to add some things to this ideal Catholic society...

Men:

* Don't remove your facial hair (except trimming for maintenance)
* Don't wear pants (wear tunics, thick robes, cassocks, etc.)

In my profession, the first two are considered unprofessional. The third is considered impractical.

[I'm already breaking all of those rules. Society and its confounded rules... *sigh*.]
(01-20-2010, 06:26 PM)INPEFESS Wrote:

Girls, also:

* Don't get tattoos
* Don't wear "Crocs"

Wow. Can I try that? Allow me to add some things to this ideal Catholic society...

Men:

In my profession, the first two are considered unprofessional. The third is considered impractical.

[I'm already breaking all of those rules. Society and its confounded rules... *sigh*.]

No, you can't try that. (Don't ask permission if it isn't necessary :))

I'm fulfilling all three I think. I have uncut hair. I have a longish beard with some parts not trimmed (I trim it for vertical length, so some parts don't get trimmed. Now that I got a job ready which doesn't care about beards, I do not need to trim it at all). I'm wearing trousers, but I'm always wearing a rope, so that sort of counts. I'm counting it and that is all that matters.
I hear the "frumpy" part. I end up wearing a triangular mantilla so that I can tie it behind my hair. I can only imagine it looks pretty bad, but dealing with little people and babies makes the tie back necessary. I would love to find a nice small hat that would go with just about anything. I came across a delicately knitted beret at the mall awhile back and am tempted to get one of those...
(01-20-2010, 06:30 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(01-20-2010, 06:26 PM)INPEFESS Wrote:

Girls, also:

* Don't get tattoos
* Don't wear "Crocs"

Men:

I'm fulfilling all three I think. I have uncut hair. I have a longish beard with some parts not trimmed (I trim it for vertical length, so some parts don't get trimmed. Now that I got a job ready which doesn't care about beards, I do not need to trim it at all). I'm wearing trousers, but I'm always wearing a rope, so that sort of counts. I'm counting it and that is all that matters.

I'll make you one of my Cardinals...

:incense:

(You're color blind; that's actually red he's wearing.)
(01-20-2010, 06:46 PM)Mommie2Boys Wrote: I hear the "frumpy" part. I end up wearing a triangular mantilla so that I can tie it behind my hair. I can only imagine it looks pretty bad, but dealing with little people and babies makes the tie back necessary. I would love to find a nice small hat that would go with just about anything. I came across a delicately knitted beret at the mall awhile back and am tempted to get one of those...

I have a beret that I wear more often than any other head convering in the winter but it is too hot for summer.
(01-20-2010, 06:46 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: I'll make you one of my Cardinals...

Can I run the Inquisition?
(01-20-2010, 06:59 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(01-20-2010, 06:46 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: I'll make you one of my Cardinals...

Can I run the Inquisition?

Sure:

:incense:  (you)  +    :readrules: (rules)  =    :beatup: (whatever you want this to be - just don't be too harsh)