Poll: Men only vote: in general which do you think looks best?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll: head covering preferences.
I believe in beards, IF they're substantial enough to be braided, like those that dwarves and certain metal guitarists wear. It's really unfortunate that big beards (assuming they're kept neat and clean) are somehow "unprofessional" in some workplaces.
(01-20-2010, 06:46 PM)Mommie2Boys Wrote: I hear the "frumpy" part. I end up wearing a triangular mantilla so that I can tie it behind my hair. I can only imagine it looks pretty bad, but dealing with little people and babies makes the tie back necessary. I would love to find a nice small hat that would go with just about anything. I came across a delicately knitted beret at the mall awhile back and am tempted to get one of those...

A simple black cloche might be the solution.
(01-20-2010, 07:05 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: I believe in beards, IF they're substantial enough to be braided, like those that dwarves and certain metal guitarists wear. It's really unfortunate that big beards (assuming they're kept neat and clean) are somehow "unprofessional" in some workplaces.

My beard was that long until my mum told me to cut it (for job purposes). I got the job, turns out they don't care about beards (and...I'm not the longest beard there apparently).

I can now stop this defilement.

I haven't cut parts of my beard, so some parts are quite long.
I voted No Preference:  I do not like head covering in church.

That said, I do conform to the local custom when attending Mass, so most of the time I wear a mantilla.  However, I cannot stand things coming down and touching my ears, so I always tie it around like a bandana.
My favorite is my silver-grey mantilla with an image of Our Lady of Guadalupe woven into it. It's a bit long in back, but I prefer it to the shorter veils which just kept falling off. And hats hate me.
My wife and daughters wear mantillas and I prefer those.  :)
(01-20-2010, 06:17 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(01-20-2010, 05:52 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:
(01-20-2010, 05:21 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(01-20-2010, 05:19 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: Further, some people have "hat" faces.. Some have "scarf" faces. The idea is to find what you look best in and wear that. Don't just wear a veil because other women/girls do and because you think it's the ultimate trad statement.

I think scarf/veils/mantillas are better looking, so, girls (especially single ones around my age), do not wear hats.

Are you saying the girls around you don't wear hats because you think veils are better looking? Really.

No, I'm telling girls not to wear hats. Hey, I might as well try.

Girls, also:

* Don't cut your hair short
* Don't get tattoos
* Don't wear "Crocs"

If anyone listens to me, I might as well benefit from it. Who knows? Maybe the future Fru_Mannelig will have read this, and meet me by chance and I'll, for the first, initiate a social contact...
No Crocs? What?!?!?!? My heart is broken.

These are on my feet as I type:
[Image: 10029_side_410.jpg]
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(01-22-2010, 04:32 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: No Crocs? What?!?!?!? My heart is broken.

One cannot get into Heaven with those one. Either cut off your feet (for scandalising you) or walk the earth forever.

[/quote]

Quote:A mantilla/chapel veil 12 (52.2%)
A hat 6 (26.1%)
A scarf 0 (0%)
No preference; any of the above are fine 3 (13%)
No preference; I don't like head covering in church. 2 (8.7%)
No preference; she covers her head for either God or her husband, not for me. 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 23
(01-22-2010, 01:07 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(01-22-2010, 04:32 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: No Crocs? What?!?!?!? My heart is broken.

One cannot get into Heaven with those one. Either cut off your feet (for scandalising you) or walk the earth forever.

A hat 6 (26.1%)
A scarf 0 (0%)
No preference; she covers her head for either God or her husband, not for me. 0 (0%)
[/quote]

My heart is broken.  :( You really don't like them? I found them in the bargain bin at the local Army Navy store, and they are so, so comfy. You are a wicked nudge.  >:(
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(01-22-2010, 02:26 PM)Jacafamala Wrote:
(01-22-2010, 01:07 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:

A hat 6 (26.1%)
A scarf 0 (0%)

My heart is broken.  :( You really don't like them? I found them in the bargain bin at the local Army Navy store, and they are so, so comfy. You are a wicked nudge.   >:(

I'm curious. What is a nudge?