Poll: Men only vote: in general which do you think looks best?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll: head covering preferences.
(01-22-2010, 02:26 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: My heart is broken.  :( You really don't like them? I found them in the bargain bin at the local Army Navy store, and they are so, so comfy. You are a wicked nudge.   >:(

Google "escalators and crocs"...they are evil shoes.

Shoes are one thing I think should be functional AND dignified.

I am not sure if being a nudge at all is good or bad, but a wicked one must be bad. I promise not to lightly push anyone with malice :)
(01-22-2010, 06:37 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(01-22-2010, 02:26 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: My heart is broken.  :( You really don't like them? I found them in the bargain bin at the local Army Navy store, and they are so, so comfy. You are a wicked nudge.   >:(

Google "escalators and crocs"...they are evil shoes.

Shoes are one thing I think should be functional AND dignified.

I am not sure if being a nudge at all is good or bad, but a wicked one must be bad. I promise not to lightly push anyone with malice :)

No, you're not really a nudge. I'm just busting your chops. A nudge is a pesky, nosey and bothersome person. Your not that.

I'm not sure if it's yiddish or what, it sounds yiddish. "Nudge".  My Father used to say that sometimes. He grew up in Brooklyn. Lots of yiddish speaking type people there...

And I'll go one better (or worse) as per my lack of dignity because my dog chewed one of my crocks, a little... I'm telling you, you get into your forties and you don't give a wink anyhow. That's how it is.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(01-22-2010, 08:31 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: I'm not sure if it's yiddish or what, it sounds yiddish. "Nudge". 

Yes, it is yiddish.
(01-22-2010, 08:31 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: No, you're not really a nudge. I'm just busting your chops. A nudge is a pesky, nosey and bothersome person. Your not that.
I can be though.

Quote:I'm not sure if it's yiddish or what, it sounds yiddish. "Nudge".  My Father used to say that sometimes. He grew up in Brooklyn. Lots of yiddish speaking type people there...
I never met a Yid before...

Quote:And I'll go one better (or worse) as per my lack of dignity because my dog chewed one of my crocks, a little... I'm telling you, you get into your forties and you don't give a wink anyhow. That's how it is.
When I'm in my forties, I'll be wearing dignified polished boots, just like now.

Your dog is from Heaven (but don't bring him to mass).
(01-19-2010, 06:55 PM)OCLittleFlower Wrote: whatever works on the person.  Some people, like my mom, look good in hats.  I look better in veils.  I know some girls who look better in scarves/wraps.  I kind of like those long veils that I can wrap and tie, because my fine hair hates bobby pins and it won't stay.

Whatever she wears is great...better than wearing nothing.  Beyond that, it's a matter of personal taste, what looks good on each woman, and what goes with your outfit.  :-)
Yeah, I voted the last one, but if asked to choose, I'm with OC (and others).  Some women pull off the hat, some can't make a veil work (but unfortunately wear it anyway, so it gets noticed), and I'm sure some don't go hatted for a similar reason.  Hats seem less common, except at the NO, where some women seem to use then to not get funny looks as the only one covered...
Mantillas are fine but I like scarfs and other clothes. But that's just me. I'm not the one wearing it!  :laughing:
I like some of the head coverings here:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/GarlandsOfGrace?page=1

I look dreadful in a hat.

I can be though.
No, I haven't seen that yet....

I never met a Yid before...
A Yid? It sounds like something out of a Doctor Suess book doesn't it?

When I'm in my forties, I'll be wearing dignified polished boots, just like now.
Well, I wear boots too, out of the house, like for Mass.
[Image: 976017-p-DETAILED.jpg]

Your dog is from Heaven (but don't bring him to mass).
No, I won't I have enough dealing with my 4 year old.

Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
I think I prefer long mantillas or shawls as they seem more traditional. However the long, rectangular opaque scarves that I've seen are a close second (and they're more affordable). Hats look terrible on me and remind me of what women in protestant churches used to always wear (besides wearing them for secular purposes, like going shopping). I think a mother with babies/toddlers (and a very young girls) are the ones that should wear a chapel cap. :shrug: