Seeking best friend - Apply within
I had a thought come to me just a bit ago and have since updated this. I am looking for more than just a wife, more than someone who wants to be a mother, I am looking for a companion, a best friend, someone who will be there when there is no one else(at least no one else on this earth). That being said, it does work both ways. Friends or should I say acquaintances seem to be a dime a dozen, but a true friend and what I am seeking is absolutely priceless.
*hugs and prayers*

I don't think there is any set rule to how long you have to wait, or what have you.  Some people are quick to jump back from things, and some aren't and only you and your confessor really know whats up with that.  Close friends might have some relevant imput, since they know you well.  But honestly, rules from random internet people aren't always what's right for you, personally. 
I did some training in grief counselling and one year is the typical amount of time after the death of a spouse before people are ready for a new relationship.  I have also read that people go through a similar grieving period after a  divorce.  Since the breaking of an engagement, in many ways, has an emotional impact like a divorce, I would expect a similar grieving period.  So I didn't just make that number up.
I don't mean that you just made the number up, just that advice from people who do not know him personally might not be spot on for him, in his situation.
:laughing: Mathew R, your avatar is a hat? lol At first glance I thought it was A pair of funky lookin undies  :laughing:
(02-23-2010, 11:47 AM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: :laughing: Mathew R, your avatar is a hat? lol At first glance I thought it was A pair of funky lookin undies  :laughing:
Not just any hat, it's a tricorne, which as most know was the common hat during the colonial period into the 19th century, at least in America.
(02-23-2010, 12:08 PM)Matthew_R Wrote:
(02-23-2010, 11:47 AM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: :laughing: Mathew R, your avatar is a hat? lol At first glance I thought it was A pair of funky lookin undies  :laughing:
Not just any hat, it's a tricorne, which as most know was the common hat during the colonial period into the 19th century, at least in America.
Its like a pirate hat, like Cap'n Jack Sparrow!! LOL
(02-23-2010, 01:13 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote:
(02-23-2010, 12:08 PM)Matthew_R Wrote:
Its like a pirate hat, like Cap'n Jack Sparrow!! LOL

Sure enough, except it doesn't have the ostrich quill in it.