Pope John Paul II meditating on the Tarot?
(02-24-2011, 12:35 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(02-24-2011, 12:01 AM)EcceQuamBonum Wrote:
(01-28-2010, 03:48 PM)Bonifacius Wrote: Popes need to read all sorts of crap. 

This wins for quotation of the month.

For January, 2010.

:laughing:

I never said what month.
In a moment of impassioned anger - I admit it - I am reviving this thread.

Why the anger? Two reasons at least:

1) Here in the UK it is Sunday morning and I just got back from suffering through the most dreadful Novus Ordo. This is killing the Church!

2) Right after Mass, I saw the British Radio Times (equivalent of TV guide in America) announcing that a BBC TV documentary was going to change the world.

The documentary is about euthanasia and apparently the Radio Times is confident that the BBC has this kind of power.

OK - I'm angry. What does this have to do with this thread?

In this thread I have argued that Bl. JPII and the present Holy Father and those close to them have supported a book with the unusual title Meditations on the Tarot.

I have argued that they support it because it is clear this book can help the Church in this crisis.

I have probably said that this book is one of my greatest hopes for the Church in this horrific state of affairs.

Anyway I have not long ago discovered that a PDF version of the book exists on the web.

I am reviving this thread to do two things.

1. Give people the PDF link. Here: tarothermeneutics.com/tarotliterature/MOTT/Meditations-on-the-Tarot.pdf

2. Now that I have a PDF version of it, it is easy for me to lift passages from it in this forum.

I may be talking to myself in this thread, but this is what I shortly propose to do.

Something has to be done! And knowing what this book, this is what I can do ...

Re:

(06-12-2011, 06:19 AM)Roger Buck Wrote: Now that I have a PDF version of it, it is easy for me to lift passages from it in this forum.

I may be talking to myself in this thread, but this is what I shortly propose to do.

Here comes first extract ...

[size=10pt][size=10pt]Extract On Christendom and the Need for Hierarchy[/size][/size]

Note in the original text, this exists in long paragraphs.

I have broken the paragraphs up – because with dense complex, profound material such as this, it is not easy I think to take it in properly reading from a computer screen.

For the same reason, I shall be putting these sections from the book in a larger font.

Finally some may recognize this passage from Charles A. Coulombe’s writings – he quotes it frequently.

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]As it is suitable that the institution of a city or a kingdom be made according
to the model of the institution of the world, similarly it is necessary to draw from
divine government the order (ratio) of the government of a city— this is the fun-
damental thesis advanced on this subject by St. Thomas Aquinas (De regno xiv,
1).

This is why authors of the Middle Ages could not imagine Christianity without
an Emperor, just as they could not imagine the Universal Church without a pope.

Because if the world is governed hierarchically, Christendom* or the Sanctum Im-
perium
cannot be otherwise.

Hierarchy is a pyramid which exists only when it is
complete. And it is the Emperor who is at its summit. Then come the kings, dukes,
noblemen, citizens and peasants. But it is the crown of the Emperor which con-
fers royalty to the royaJ crowns from which the ducal crowns and all the other crowns
in turn derive their authority.

The post of the Emperor is nevertheless not only that of the last (or, rather,
the first) instance of sole legitimacy. It was also magical, if we understand by magic
the action of correspondences between that which is below and that which is above.

It was the principle itself of authority from which all lesser authorities derived
not only their legitimacy but also their hold over the consciousness of the people.

This is why royal crowns one after another lost their lustre and were eclipsed after
the imperial crown was eclipsed.

Monarchies are unable to exist for long without
the Monarchy; kings cannot apportion the crown and sceptre of the Emperor
among themselves and pose as emperors in their particular countries, because the
shadow of the Emperor is always present.

And if in the past it was the Emperor
who gave lustre to the royal crowns, it was later the shadow of the absent Emperor
which obscured the royal crowns and, consequently, all the other crowns —those
of dukes, princes, counts, etc.

A pyramid is not complete without its summit;
hierarchy does not exist when it is incomplete. Without an Emperor, there will
be, sooner or later, no more kings. When there are no kings, there will be, sooner
or later, no more nobility. When there is no more nobility, there will be. sooner
or later, no more bourgeoisie or peasants.

This is how one arrives at the dictatorship of the proletariat, the class hostile to the hietarchical principle, which latter, however, is the reflection of divine order. This is why the proletariat professes atheism.

Europe is haunted by the shadow of the Emperor. One senses his absence just
as vividly as in former times one sensed his presence.

Because the emptiness of the wound speaks, that which wc miss knows how to make us sense it.
Napoleon, eye-witness to the French Revolution, understood the direction which
Europe had taken — the direction towards the complete destruction of hierarchy.

And he sensed the shadow of the Emperor. He knew what had to be restored in
Europe, which was not the royal throne of France— because kings cannot exist for
long without the Emperor— but rather the imperial throne of Europe.

So he decided to fill the gap himself. He made himself Emperor and he made his brothers
kings. But it was to the sword that he took recourse. Instead of ruling by the
sceptre — the globe bearing the cross — he made the decision to rule by the sword.

But. "all who take up the sword perish by the sword" (Matthew xxvi, 52). Hitler
also had the delirium of desire to occupy the empty place of the Emperor. He
bel|ieved he could establish the "thousand-year empire" of tyranny by means of
the sword.

But again —"all those who take up the sword will perish by the sword".
No, the post of the Emperor does not belong any longer either to those who
desire it or to the choice of the people.

It is reserved to the choice of heaven alone.
It has become occult. And the crown, the sceptre, the throne, the coat-of-arms
of the Emperor are to be found in the catacombs... in the catacombs — this means
to say: under absolute protection.
[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

*I changed this. English edition says “Christianity” but this an error. Original French edition says Chretienté = Christendom.

This is what the Holy Father is supporting, if the things I said earlier in this thread are to be believed.

If anyone is interested, I have a lot that is relevant to this at my site too …
In like manner to the above, from the PDF version online (link above)

I rip:
[size=12pt][size=12pt]b]A Further Extract on Hierarchy and Christendom[/b] - from pages 118-119 of the PDF

The Middle Ages erected the cross above the nations, societies, aspirations and
thoughts of Europe.

This was the epoch of obedience and faith —accompanied
by every imaginable human abuse.

This was followed by an epoch where the dawn
of hope made itself felt.

Humanism, with its flourishing of Renaissance art, philos-
ophy and science, was born under the sign of hope.

The sign of the pentagram
began its ascent.

It was then that opposition arose between the sacred pentagram
of five wounds and the pentagram of the emancipated personality.

A purely humanistic art, science and magic had its development under the sign of the penta-
gram of hope in man, as opposed to the sign of the pentagram of hope in God,
i.e. the sacred pentagram of the five wounds, under which latter sign Christian
esotericism — Christian-orientated mysticism, gnosis, sacred magic and Hermet-
icism—has its development.

The impulse of freedom —of hope in emancipated man —has built up and
demolished a great deal.

It has created a materialistic civilisation without parallel,
but at the same time it has destroyed the hierarchical order— the order of spiritual
obedience.

A series of religious, political and social revolutions has ensued.
But the hierarchical order is eternal and obedience is indispensable.

Now new
hierarchical orders are beginning to be established, replacing obedience by tyranny
and dictatorship.

For he who sows the wind shall reap the whirlwind (cf. Hosea
ix, 7)—this is a truth that we are learning with so much suffering today. The penta-
gram of hope in emancipated man has in former times sown the wind —and we
and our contemporaries are now reaping the whirlwind.

Now, the post of Pope in the spiritual history of mankind is that of guardian
of the sacred pentagram of the five wounds
[/size][/size]

There is I know some strange language here. But although the book has problems in regards orthodoxy in some secondary lines, I do not think what he means here by this language is counter to orthodoxy.

Again I believe the last Popes supported this book and part of the reason is as I suggested in the conversion thread going on here now -

This book can provide a way out of the New Age Nightmare.

Roger, here we are a year and half after this thread was writen, and there's still no proof that he was meditating on the tarot.

What a waste of time and rumormongering.
(06-13-2011, 08:01 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: Roger, here we are a year and half after this thread was writen, and there's still no proof that he was meditating on the tarot.

What a waste of time and rumormongering.

Respectfully, I should like to say something to you here, WRC.

I have devoted 13 years of my life to the issues here, as I believe I indicated.

I have devoted myself to these because I believe the apparent involvement of the highest levels of the Vatican with this book may represent one of the most important developments in the Church in recent years .

Here is one of my great hopes for the Church in the appalling crisis and tragedy in the aftermath of Vatican II - along with the Traditionalist movement.

Now you may judge all of this as a waste of time.

And for all I know you are right. Only God knows whether I have spent my time well or not.

However I trust I am not rumor mongering - these are my sincere convictions.

That is, I may well be crazy - but if so,  I am sincerely crazy I believe. ;)

This is my attempt at a respectful answer to you.
(06-17-2011, 04:15 AM)Roger Buck Wrote: That is, I may well be crazy - but if so,  I am sincerely crazy I believe. ;)

This.
I saw a Noblet tarot deck today. Looks like stained-glass.