pulsatilla
So, I have been sick for over a week. It started as a bit of a headcold, went on to a very sore throat (but only sore at night time and first thing in the morning) and now my ears are so stuffed up, my hearing is REALLY bad. This last part worries me a little, as I have had 2surgeries in the past to correct my hearing, I had a permanent loss of %50 in both ears as a teenager, I now have a perm loss of %15, after the surgeries.

Anyways, I went to the doctor, he said to gargle with salt water, he didnt really want to prescribe me medicine as Im pregnant. So its really driving me nutz, feeling like crap, when im already feeling like crap in the last month of my pregnancy. So, this lady at my church is a Homeopath. I asked her if she knew of anything I could take. She gave me Pulsatilla, and said to take 1 every 8 hours. I trust her that its ok during pregnancy (she has 12 kids) but then I googled it, and there was so much conflicting info on it, that now Im kinda unsure!

Anybody have any experience or knowledge on this?
Hi Canadian Catholic,
I hope you were able to get the info you were looking for.
I just looked it up and it shows it is used for many things including cough, fatigue, morning sickness, etc
It does mention in one part that the people who respond best to it is:
Sweetnatured
Gentle
Compliant
Avoid confrontation
Hmmm I guess I would be Shi out of luck if I ever needed to use it.  :laughing:
Anyway, I hope you will be feeling A ok real soon!
:) :pray2:
I've used homeopathy for a long time.  It's one thing that helps with my migraines.  I use it pretty much like I would any over the counter medicine, with a good dose of common sense.
I dunno, I worry about pregnant women taking anything - even approved stuff.

Maybe tough it out and offer it up for penance?  I know that's not helpful, but it's something...
Homeopathy is just water.

It is safe (well, ineffective and expensive, but safe).

(01-31-2010, 07:26 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote: Homeopathy is just water.

It is safe (well, ineffective and expensive, but safe).
YAY! your back!!! How was the move?

And thanx! They werent expensive, this lady is a good friend of the fam :) so free!
(01-31-2010, 11:05 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: YAY! your back!!! How was the move?
I posted in the other forum. I mentioned you :)

The move was ok. My hands are very sore, and I have to work tomorrow (Monday) at 23:00.

Quote:And thanx! They werent expensive, this lady is a good friend of the fam :) so free!
Watch this:

This is a toughy. I'm surprised your doctor didn't at least give you a list of pregnancy-safe medicines. I know there are certain things like Tylenol for pain and Mucinex or Benedryl for cold\allergies that are proven safe and that help me alot when I really just can't take it anymore. My last OB\Gyn used to tell me "If you can't breathe, the baby can't breathe, so if you really need something, please take it." Herbs are such a different story, though. You really have no idea as nothing in that market is regulated. If there's controversy, I'll usually avoid it. Maybe you could call your friend and ask her specifically if she's taken it herself while pregnant and how much it helped? I hope you get some relief soon...the last month of pregnancy is miserable enough by itself without a cold making it worse. :(
(02-01-2010, 02:20 PM)Mommie2Boys Wrote: This is a toughy. I'm surprised your doctor didn't at least give you a list of pregnancy-safe medicines. I know there are certain things like Tylenol for pain and Mucinex or Benedryl for cold\allergies that are proven safe and that help me alot when I really just can't take it anymore. My last OB\Gyn used to tell me "If you can't breathe, the baby can't breathe, so if you really need something, please take it." Herbs are such a different story, though. You really have no idea as nothing in that market is regulated. If there's controversy, I'll usually avoid it. Maybe you could call your friend and ask her specifically if she's taken it herself while pregnant and how much it helped? I hope you get some relief soon...the last month of pregnancy is miserable enough by itself without a cold making it worse. :(

I talked to her at church yesterday, and she said to just keep taking it, even if I feel better, cause it will also make my labour faster. (Though the last one was only 2 hours, so im a lil scared of going much faster then that! LOL) but she has 12 kids, and does take it during her pregnancies.

I normally dont take anything while pregnant, ever, but i am on anti depressants (doctor approved).  This last sickness has just been brutal, and my husband works alot, so I dont really have the option of taking "sick days". I am way too busy to be out of commission.
Have you started taking it yet? If so, has it really helped?

I hear you on the "sick days" thing...my husband works long hours too. It's tough.  :awww: