Removal of EF "vs" SSPX subforum
Vox and I have decided to end the EF "vs" SSPX subforum.  It has been moved to the archives and is now read only.

Henceforth, that type of discussion is off limits at the forum.  The reason is due to the recent trend of posts combined with the actions of SSPX chapel-goers, and, reportedly an SSPX pastor,  in Guadalajara Mexico desecrating an FSSP church.  Initial posting here: http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...284.0.html

There is enough gasoline on the trad fire, we will not support the pouring of any more.  People interested in this type of discussion are invited to find other fora who will allow it.

Edit: I removed the word alleged and added the mention of the pastor since the blog now provides a photo of the desecrated church and a man reportedly the president of Una Voce down there gives his name and mentions the SSPX pastor was present.  If new evidence arises to the contrary, I will correct the post.

WOW!
How long have I been asleep?
QuisUtDeus Wrote:Vox and I have decided to end the EF "vs" SSPX subforum.  It has been moved to the archives and is now read only.

Henceforth, that type of discussion is off limits at the forum.  The reason is due to the recent trend of posts combined with the alleged actions of SSPX chapel-goers in Guadalajara Mexico desecrating an FSSP church.  Initial posting here: http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...284.0.html

There is enough gasoline on the trad fire, we will not support the pouring of any more.  People interested in this type of discussion are invited to find other fora who will allow it.
Excellent, Quis! We need to stop fighting and just get along (in the truth, of course). It's hard to believe that fellow SSPX associates would desecrate a Catholic Parish and traditional as that. Goes to show you that we're all still human. I wonder if sometimes such people aren't just infiltrators trying to ruin the Society's reputation. We'll know sooner or later.
Crazy mexicans!!!!!
Could I have more clarification please?  I'm not sure that I understand which type of discussions are not allowed.  Is it anything about SSPX or just comparing them to other sources of the TLM?
(01-30-2010, 04:57 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: Vox and I have decided to end the EF "vs" SSPX subforum.  It has been moved to the archives and is now read only.

It doesn't appear to be "read only" at the moment!
devotedknuckles Wrote:Crazy mexicans!!!!!
Like it's just because they're Mexicans?
(01-30-2010, 11:00 AM)JayneK Wrote: Could I have more clarification please?  I'm not sure that I understand which type of discussions are not allowed.  Is it anything about SSPX or just comparing them to other sources of the TLM?

I need clarification too.  My current thread my be violating this new rule.  I apologize if it is and you can lock the thread if need be.
Oh pls before u even think I'm against mexicans I can assure u I've spent enough time In mexico and have gotton enough parasites and e coli for good measure that I love the place and the people. I was even married there. And so thatg gives me the funnybones to say
Crazy Mexicans with no strings attached!
Sip
(01-30-2010, 01:49 PM)salome Wrote:
(01-30-2010, 11:00 AM)JayneK Wrote: Could I have more clarification please?  I'm not sure that I understand which type of discussions are not allowed.  Is it anything about SSPX or just comparing them to other sources of the TLM?

I need clarification too.  My current thread my be violating this new rule.  I apologize if it is and you can lock the thread if need be.

I should think that pertains to the kinds of "us and them" discussions that could motivate animosity between SSPX and other trads.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton