Removal of EF "vs" SSPX subforum
Y'all are missing the forest for the trees.  The "vs" forum still implies that there are two versions of tradition in opposition to each other, and though the the SSPX might be opposed to some of the ecclesiastical groups, it is a false dichotomy.

Lets say that the Mexican graffiti is a total hoax.  Does it change the fact that the Versus forum divides us?  No.
(01-30-2010, 11:31 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: Y'all are missing the forest for the trees.  The "vs" forum still implies that there are two versions of tradition in opposition to each other, and though the the SSPX might be opposed to some of the ecclesiastical groups, it is a false dichotomy.

Lets say that the Mexican graffiti is a total hoax.  Does it change the fact that the Versus forum divides us?  No.

that's exactly right.  :tomatoes:
So where do we post questions about the SSPX? A lot of newbies come here wanting to know stuff and thats where they always ended up.
(01-30-2010, 10:26 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(01-30-2010, 10:24 PM)salome Wrote: And these SSPX'ers are fighthing for what exactly?  The "Church of all times" ??  Give me a break. 

Salome, please be careful. And you know what I mean by that in a uniquely specific way about you...

If not, PM me, and I will clarify.

I gotcha.  I'm takin' a break from this forum....a few days...a week...maybe more.... I need it.  I'm getting too...discontent. 
(01-31-2010, 12:24 AM)salome Wrote:
(01-30-2010, 10:26 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(01-30-2010, 10:24 PM)salome Wrote: And these SSPX'ers are fighthing for what exactly?  The "Church of all times" ??  Give me a break. 

Salome, please be careful. And you know what I mean by that in a uniquely specific way about you...

If not, PM me, and I will clarify.

I gotcha.  I'm takin' a break from this forum....a few days...a week...maybe more.... I need it.  I'm getting too...discontent.   

OK, know that you are welcome back! :)
(01-30-2010, 11:35 PM)Baskerville Wrote: So where do we post questions about the SSPX? A lot of newbies come here wanting to know stuff and thats where they always ended up.

Q about trad catholicism.

Obviously, there will be a kind of experimental phase where everyone (including myself) gets an idea as to what causes strife and not. 

The easiest way to avoid that is to say positive things about the FSSP et al. or SSPX depending on what you like and avoid the negativism.  I know that can't always happen, that's why I say avoid.  Someone for sure will feel strongly about the FSSP "being tratiors" or the SSPX having a "schismatic mindset" and want to warn others off, and since I try not to take sides, that's their right to post here within reason (and hopefully I won't have to change that). 

But the full blown battles and wars have to cease.  At least on this forum.  What one posts elsewhere or holds as their opinions, that's not my problem (as moderator, as a Catholic, I obviously have concern for those who have wrong opinions, etc.).

I guess, for now, think of it as business as usual, but there will be water thrown on the sparks more quickly.  We'll see how it plays out.

(01-30-2010, 11:31 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: Y'all are missing the forest for the trees.  The "vs" forum still implies that there are two versions of tradition in opposition to each other, and though the the SSPX might be opposed to some of the ecclesiastical groups, it is a false dichotomy.

Well, there are two versions of tradition in opposition to each other that needs to be clarified.

(01-30-2010, 11:31 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: Lets say that the Mexican graffiti is a total hoax.  Does it change the fact that the Versus forum divides us?  No.

It IS a total hoax and I find it very difficult  to accept the fact that trads here on FE even read past the headline for anything other than to see yet another unbelievable story attempt to smear the SSPX - complete with pictures. Who the heck could believe such crap? - the unknowing is who.

After +40 years of the SSPX struggling and defending the faith, all it takes is one unsubstantiated story from one unknown blogger to bring out "the real" SSPX with some bs story? C'mon people.

This should serve as a lesson for all to see how one individual unknown blogger who allegedly converted 6 years ago who also allegedly had "just got word from a first hand source of a terrible act committed by an SSPX group in Mexico" can even remotely be deemed reliable by those who know better. 

Preposterous!   
(01-31-2010, 07:04 AM)Stubborn Wrote: Well, there are two versions of tradition in opposition to each other that needs to be clarified.

Really, between you and tradmaverick, I'm starting to reconsider my support of the SSPX.
Isn't the prudent thing to do iS give the sspx the benifet of the doubt? We all know the sspx wouldn't santion this or even support this vandalism. If some on FE can give mothers who murder their babies the benifet of the doubt shouldn't we also grant it to trads who support the sspx?
Whether we likke it or not a division does exist in traditional catholicism. Having attended the oratries indult and having been attending the saocieties masses I am certain this devision exists. Having a subforum that allows for discussing an already apperent dicision is wise imho. I'm trying to understand those like whooleyroman who declare there r no devisions. I mean what panet is my kansas friend on?
As for me I still can't accept the mexican vandalism as from the society. Until proven otherwise I give the society and its supporters the benifet of the doubt.
Anyway the tank is quis's and voxes so the rules are the rules.
Such is life
Sip
OK, DK.  I'll let you have the last word since it's reasonable and such.  But this thread is way off topic now, partly my fault.  So, I'm gonna lock it.

I would rather the blog entry be a complete fabrication than any part of it true, so I hope the people who think it's fake are right.  Sincerely, I do.