Screen jumping while posting
It has come to my attention (thanks, Clare!) that people who use IE8 have a problem with the edit box (the thing you type into) jumping around when quoting longer posts.

It seems to be an IE8 issue because I didn't have this problem in IE7, nor in Firefox.

So, I will see if SMF (the software we use for the forum) has a fix.  In the meantime, try another browser if possible (I like Firefox personally).

And if this is happening to anyone in anything except IE8, please let me know by replying.  Thanks!
Thanks for catching up to about a problem that's been going on since IE8 came out.  Your Eaters have been complaining about this for months.
(01-30-2010, 11:32 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: Thanks for catching up to about a problem that's been going on since IE8 came out.  Your Eaters have been complaining about this for months.

The paying customers get priority.  Since there are no paying customers, things get fixed when I get around to it.  :P  And somehow I missed all the complaints.  Or maybe I tuned them out.  I've been known to tune out things that cause work for me - just ask Vox.

I would have noticed it sooner, but I switched to Firefox a while back.  IE7 kept crashing on me, and I got sick of it.  I think I've fired up IE8 like 3x for websites that need IE.
Oh, and add this to the list of IE8 problems I just found buried in another thread.

Quote:Does anyone else get a "session verification failure" message when they try to quote someone's post, or edit their own

I just confirmed that with IE8, too.  I'll try to figure out that one as well.
Thanks.  I actually use IE7-Pro, so I guess it's not just with IE8.  Earlier today I quoted someone with no problem, but it immediately reverted back to the "session verification error" thing.  Ditto with trying to edit my posts.
(01-31-2010, 02:12 AM)leviathanstomper Wrote: Thanks.  I actually use IE7-Pro, so I guess it's not just with IE8.  Earlier today I quoted someone with no problem, but it immediately reverted back to the "session verification error" thing.  Ditto with trying to edit my posts.

OK, thanks for letting me know.  That helps!
Thanks Quis. :)
if I'm not mistaken, I use IE 7, and it happens to me, too.

Christina
Wait, people are still using IE?  ;)

I'd recommend getting Firefox - I've never had any trouble with it on the forum.

(I sound like Herr Rosarium)
(02-01-2010, 11:28 AM)Stephanos Wrote: Wait, people are still using IE?   ;)

I'd recommend getting Firefox - I've never had any trouble with it on the forum.

(I sound like Herr Rosarium)
Herr_Mannelig recommends Opera.