Freezable Dinners
Frozen Assets is a good cookbook, too.
Thank you so much, everyone! I've gotten some wonderful ideas and tips here. I think I'll just have to take some time out to run to Barnes and Noble and pick up a few of those cookbooks. ;)

On a side note, when I looked up that "Frozen Assets" cookbook on Amazon.com there was this little gem in the "Books on Related Topics" section:
Being Dead is No Excuse: The Official Southern Ladies Guide to Hosting the Perfect Funeral
I probably got my laugh for the day out of that one!  :laughing:
The More With Less cookbook is a good one, too (can't guarantee what will come up on Amazon with that one, though  :) )
I have used heavy duty freezer bags for sauces and even stews in the past.  Just make sure they are good quality.  I fill them, seal them and then stack them in the freezer, just like I would ground turkey/beef.  Plastic storage containers can be used  and you can actually "pop" your entree out of them when still frozen and put them into an oven/micro friendly container.  The lidded metal pans are fine as well, but I might wrap them in an addt'l layer of plastic wrap just to keep the air out.  Remember once the item is frozen it will keep the shape of the pan and not be so flimsy.  BTW...one of the best things I own is a giant restaurant size roll of plastic wrap from Costco/Sams/Gordons.  In the "biz" it's referred to as cater-wrapping and really to have a roll big enough to encompass a large container/tray rocks.  So much easier than the little rolls.  You can freeze in pyrex glass dishes too, just make sure not to put it right from the freezer to the oven.  It will shatter.
(01-03-2011, 08:03 AM)greek229 Wrote: I have used heavy duty freezer bags for sauces and even stews in the past.  Just make sure they are good quality.  I fill them, seal them and then stack them in the freezer, just like I would ground turkey/beef.  Plastic storage containers can be used  and you can actually "pop" your entree out of them when still frozen and put them into an oven/micro friendly container.  The lidded metal pans are fine as well, but I might wrap them in an addt'l layer of plastic wrap just to keep the air out.  Remember once the item is frozen it will keep the shape of the pan and not be so flimsy.  BTW...one of the best things I own is a giant restaurant size roll of plastic wrap from Costco/Sams/Gordons.  In the "biz" it's referred to as cater-wrapping and really to have a roll big enough to encompass a large container/tray rocks.  So much easier than the little rolls.  You can freeze in pyrex glass dishes too, just make sure not to put it right from the freezer to the oven.  It will shatter.

Is this spam actually written for a thread?
(01-03-2011, 10:30 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: Is this spam actually written for a thread?

I'm not sure - he's got a few other food posts, too.  And they're pretty solid.  Hmmm...
200 meals in a day?  Where's the drop dead smilie?
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.

[Image: thud.gif]  or    [Image: faint3.gif]
Texican, where are you getting all these smilies?!?!?!
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.