There's no remission of sin outside the Church
The Church consists of three branches: triumphant Church Church, suffering Church, and militant Church. Ultimately there will be only one branch the triumphant Church, and no one is saved but the members of the triumphant Church. Some w/o baptism into the militant Church, Like Abel, Abraham, Moses, Isaias, Jeremias definitely, probably many many others who never were or will be members of the militant Church. The judge is Christ and no one else, and he did not discussed details.. But the thesis is true; only the members of the triumphant Church are saved finally.

The more important dogma is: Ubi Petrus ibi Ecclesia est, and not against his vicar.
(02-02-2010, 12:50 PM)Walty Wrote:
(02-02-2010, 09:47 AM)glgas Wrote: Without the strong will not to sin any more neither the confession remits the sins.If someone has a girlfriend and sexual connection with her, that persons confession is valid only if before that he breaks up the relationship.   If someone hates his/her neighbor (e.g. an NO priests) and goes to confession w/o first recocile with him, the confession is worthless. We are not in better position than a protestant or Muslim. God gave us more, but he requires more in response.

I was with you up until this.  Firstly, why would someone cut off a relationship, romantic or otherwise, if it lead to sin?   I could certainly understand varying circumstances, but a couple falling into sin is unfortunately quite normal due to the great depths that we have fallen into in our current society. 

Falling into sexual sins with one's girlfriend was not much less common in Christian society.
(04-25-2010, 10:09 PM)Resurrexi Wrote:
(02-02-2010, 12:50 PM)Walty Wrote:
(02-02-2010, 09:47 AM)glgas Wrote: Without the strong will not to sin any more neither the confession remits the sins.If someone has a girlfriend and sexual connection with her, that persons confession is valid only if before that he breaks up the relationship.   If someone hates his/her neighbor (e.g. an NO priests) and goes to confession w/o first recocile with him, the confession is worthless. We are not in better position than a protestant or Muslim. God gave us more, but he requires more in response.

I was with you up until this.  Firstly, why would someone cut off a relationship, romantic or otherwise, if it lead to sin?   I could certainly understand varying circumstances, but a couple falling into sin is unfortunately quite normal due to the great depths that we have fallen into in our current society. 

Falling into sexual sins with one's girlfriend was not much less common in Christian society.

The confessant should sincerely promise to avoid the occasions for the sins. This is for the validity of the confession, w/o that the is no attrition neither.

Meeting with the partner of the sin is occasion for the sin. If this is before marriage, they should have only controlled, supervised meetings, if there is possibility of the sin, if one of the parties is married, they should not met at all any more.
So, You're saying that it is not true that outside of the Church there is no remission of sin?

The primary element left out from this post was Baptism of Desire.
I wont go into it, but encourage some reading.

Yes, I agree that  perfect contrition is required for Salvation.
(05-18-2010, 08:01 PM)StSimonTrent Wrote: So, You're saying that it is not true that outside of the Church there is no remission of sin?

The primary element left out from this post was Baptism of Desire.
I wont go into it, but encourage some reading.

Yes, I agree that  perfect contrition is required for Salvation.

Baptism of desire is not a free pass.