Why would God create a soul he knows will go to Hell?
(02-14-2010, 12:27 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: And there is no need to have a saint to be the progenitor...
You know the question of this thread.

There is a need if you don't want souls in Hell.

(02-14-2010, 12:27 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: I was giving an example of how the damned soul's existence isn't worthless just because he is damned at the end of his mortal life, but one can think of others.
I didn't say anything about worthless, the OP (and myself also very clearly) are talking about damnation, not 'worth' ???

(02-14-2010, 12:27 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: God creates the soul but with our involvement.  Human free will is involved in the creation of a new soul, and for God to prevent that would be interfering with our free will.  That's why he allows babies to be conceived who are later murdered in utero by their mothers.

Him deciding (hypothetically) to only populate human bodies with the souls of saints is not a violation of free will, any more than populating a single body with the soul of a saint is a violation of free will.

If he can create one soul that will go to heaven (and he has and does), and that is not a violation of Augustine's free will to have created his soul thusly, why not all souls this way? You're stating what you wish to 'prove' by simply saying 'that's a violation of free will' ...how so?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why would God create a soul he knows will go to Hell? - by Iuvenalis - 02-14-2010, 04:37 AM