Why would God create a soul he knows will go to Hell?
(02-14-2010, 09:53 PM)Servus_Maria Wrote: But I thought God loved us all equally.

I'd say "fully" rather than "equally".

God created the world pure, and created beings with free will. The fact He knew of the future means nothing when free will is involved. God had a plan, to create, to love. This plan was not abandoned because of the Fall.

This being made in God's image is very important I think. We are like God in that we are able to know ourselves and to make choices. We are, being created by God, connected to Him in a way. God will let us choose to be separated from Him, but we cannot exist like we were designed in such a state, therefore, it is very unpleasant. That is what Hell is. It is the state of existence where God will not interfere because the beings in it chose to be there away from him. Or perhaps it is connected to God, but since the beings there rejected God, it is painful to be near God against our will. Either way, the suffering of Hell is the choice of its denizens, not that of God.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why would God create a soul he knows will go to Hell? - by Historian - 02-14-2010, 10:05 PM