Why would God create a soul he knows will go to Hell?
(02-14-2010, 04:37 AM)Iuvenalis Wrote: If he can create one soul that will go to heaven (and he has and does), and that is not a violation of Augustine's free will to have created his soul thusly, why not all souls this way?

OK.  So you choose to ignore my argument that He doesn’t create a soul that does anything.  All the souls God creates are good, whether they end up in hell or not via their free will.  So fine.  Ignore that.

Something else.  Your question carries a hidden assumption, that less souls or no souls in hell would be preferable.  To the contrary, I think that God would have created the human race even if only one of us went to heaven.  It’s not a numbers game.  It’s a justice game.  And justice is good, no matter what the numbers work out to. 

Furthermore, you ignore the aesthetic value derived from the souls in hell by the souls in heaven.  There is real joy, real satisfaction felt when witnessing some semblance of justice in this unjust world.  I can hardly wait to get an eyeball full of perfect justice in the next world.  – Here's Looking at You, Kid, Albert Cipriani

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why would God create a soul he knows will go to Hell? - by albert - 02-15-2010, 02:51 AM