Why would God create a soul he knows will go to Hell?
(02-16-2010, 08:48 PM)Melkite Wrote: Why couldn't God just allow them to return to non-existence?  If you're so hung up on the free will aspect, what free choice were we given to either exist or not?  Isn't it kind of unjust to be sent to hell for not playing by the rules when we were never given a choice if we wanted to be set in the atmosphere of those rules to begin with?

God creates, not destroys.  Even destruction on Earth, such as the flood, isn't destruction per se - i.e., sent into non-existence.  To do that would be to go against His nature.

God has a "contract" of sorts with nature in that when the biological function of sperm meets egg occurs properly He implants a soul.  To not implant a soul purposefully would be to interfere with the free will of our parents to engage in a pro-creative act by intentionally making it not pro-creative.  So, blame them for copulating. 

The next question as to why He doesn't make a soul and ask it if it wants to be incarnate goes back to the first one - what does He do with a soul that doesn't want to go?  Well, He won't make it non-existent (see above).  So, it could go to a waiting room, but then He's creating souls outside of the contract.  Also, the Church condemned the notion of the pre-existence of souls.  You also have the problem that the soul doesn't have the experience to decide using informed reason if it should go or not.

So why did God make this contract?  Well, IMO, because we're created in His image so we have a Creator-nature about us where we partake in the creation of humans - we give the biology, He gives the soul.

As for not wanting to play by these rules, that's akin to saying, "I didn't ask to be born" which is pretty much what Job said.  So, it seems to me more answers can be found in the Book of Job.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why would God create a soul he knows will go to Hell? - by Historian - 02-18-2010, 12:13 PM