Why would God create a soul he knows will go to Hell?
(02-26-2011, 11:55 AM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: I think its similar to the idea that if a person says to a psychologist...DOC I think Im crazy..well then that person is most likely NOT. A person bound for hell (which is all of us at conception except Mary) does not their whole lifetime enter into that inner dialog needed for repentance and salvation, they leave their "choices" on the table, or their talent buried in the sand, or they excuse themselves from the wedding feast, or they show up not caring to dress properly. Consider the fig tree Christ condemned because it had no fruit. Those that end up in hell are those who leave their free will unused.....at least thats the way I look at it....and I most likely am wrong...but hey.

I'll just say this in response.  Original sin bounds no one to Hell.  Unrepented actual mortal sin is the only thing that can get anyone damned.  But without Baptism, apparently, no one can go to Heaven.  But not going to Heaven does not necessarily imply going only to Hell.  I think there are plenty of people who died before Christ who have not been damned.

You might be right about how people actually end up going to Hell, though.  One's eternal destination does seem like something that strongly hinges on one's whole life (at least in some fashion it does).

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why would God create a soul he knows will go to Hell? - by Zakhur - 02-27-2011, 12:22 AM