St. Valentine's Day Treats
Anyone make anything good this year? I made a giant double chocolate scone -- heartshaped, of course.
I made a heart shaped red velvet cake with chocolate frosting.  YUM!
I used to make red velvet cake, but I finally admitted the truth: Domini doesn't really like it that much!  Wink Instead I baked his favorite, which is carrot cake with cream cheese icing. I bake it on his birthday, too. The cream cheese is expensive, so that is a treat for us.
I made pumpkin cheesecake and chocolate truffles (healthier ones: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/healthy...ffles.html so good!). For supper I made spicy tomato, chili & shrimp enchiladas.
I didn't really make anything special this year, but my Valentine hand-dipped some strawberries for us and they were delicious! I would love the recipe to a double chocolate scone if you're willing to share! Big Grin
A few years back, I made these Chocolate Strawberry Pillows and they were a HUGE hit. They are so light and elegant yet simple to make. Here's the recipe:

Strawberry Heart Pillows

1 frozen puff pastry sheet (1/2 of 17.3-oz. pkg.), thawed
1/3 cup  strawberry jam or preserves
1 cup thawed Whipped Topping, divided
4 large  strawberries, each cut into 4 slices
1 square BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Unfold pastry. Cut into 16 hearts with 2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE 20 min. or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.

CUT each heart horizontally in half. Spread 1 tsp. of the jam onto bottom half of each heart; top with 1 Tbsp. of the whipped topping and a strawberry slice. Cover with tops of hearts. Drizzle with chocolate. Serve immediately. Or, cover and refrigerate up to 1 hour.

I love puff pastry! Maybe I should do egg-shaped ones for Easter.

I will gladly share the scone recipe, Clare, but I'm going to tweak it first to see if I can make it even more delicious.