How was your ash wednesday?
(02-17-2010, 11:49 AM)CanadianCatholic Wrote:
(02-17-2010, 08:54 AM)AlanF Wrote: I went to Mass at St. George's House this morning, it turned out Bishop Williamson offered the Mass. :)
Lucky! Very Cool!

My ash Wednesday has just started. We go to mass tonight, and my baby's baptism is after mass! So it will be a very good one :)

Wow! Get pictures  :laughing:!
its going ok.  I'm STARVING  ;D
Today will be my first TLM Ash Wednesday, too!  Are there any differences with the way ashes are received aside from the obvious differences in the Mass?  It's at 7pm tonignt so I have time to read up on the particulars.
(02-17-2010, 11:49 AM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: My ash Wednesday has just started. We go to mass tonight, and my baby's baptism is after mass! So it will be a very good one :)

So, unless I miss my guess, the ashes on your baby will be washed off in baptism.  Talk about a visible sign of grace! :)
I keep walking into the kitchen, telling myself "no!" and walking straight back out again... :(
lol
Mass and Confession at the National Basilica. Good start to Lent. Now I'm going home to sleep.
(02-17-2010, 01:44 PM)AlanF Wrote: I keep walking into the kitchen, telling myself "no!" and walking straight back out again... :(
lol

Yeah, I can't decide whether I'm not having walnut brownies, or not having chocolate pudding.  It's weird how the mind works; I don't normally have (or miss) either one. 
I found a priest with the biggest, messiest thumb!!  ;D
(02-17-2010, 03:23 PM)Magnificat Wrote:
(02-17-2010, 01:44 PM)AlanF Wrote: I keep walking into the kitchen, telling myself "no!" and walking straight back out again... :(
lol

Yeah, I can't decide whether I'm not having walnut brownies, or not having chocolate pudding.  It's weird how the mind works; I don't normally have (or miss) either one. 

I just went to the store to buy tons of food that I can't eat today..For lunch I decided to have the pasta salad, and halfway through I noticed it had pepperoni in it.  :-[
Nice, interesting that our daily Mass attendance went from 6 to 600 (exaggerating) for today, Father even made a snide comment about it NOT being a holy day of obligation and seeing more people for Ash Wednesday than Sundays (HAHAHA)...Cafeteria Catholics.  Oh that made my day.  I can't count how many people I've had to explain the ashes to and all the odd looks and people touching their foreheads.  For once it really is everybody else.