Vatican Releases Top 10 Albums of All Time List
L'Osservatore Romano ≠ the Vatican

Now, if it were the Acta Apostolicae Sedis we were talking about, then it would indeed be appropriate to say "The Vatican says..."
No Coldplay?!
what an atrocity!
(02-18-2010, 12:20 AM)LausTibiChriste Wrote: No Coldplay?!
what an atrocity!

I used to like Coldplay, but over time I have developed the opinion that there is not much "substance"
for lack of a better word in their songs.
am I a bad Catholic for not liking rock, but only swing, classical, and country?
(02-17-2010, 09:12 PM)stvincentferrer Wrote: Weird list. The Crosby and Fagen entries are surprising. Revolver is listed as #1 and all the rest are chronological.

1. The Beatles, Revolver

2. David Crosby, If I Could Only Remember My Name

3. Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon

4. Fleetwood Mac, Rumours

5. Donald Fagen, The Nightfly

6. Michael Jackson, Thriller

7. Paul Simon, Graceland

8. U2, Achtung Baby

9. Oasis, (What’s the Story) Morning Glory

10. Carlos Santana, Supernatural

Nice to see the hippies left over from V2 are still in the Vatican

Here's Quis' Top 10 Albums (or things similar to albums) of All Time (well, at least for the next hour)

1. Metallica, Master of Puppets
2. Led Zeppelin, Zeppelin 4
3. Black Sabbath, Black Sabbath
4. Ozzy Osbourne, Blizzard of Ozz
5. Megadeth, Peace Sells But Who's Buying?
6. Metallica, Ride the Lightning
7. AC/DC, Back in Black
8. Opeth, Deliverance
9. Robert Johnson, The Complete Recordings
10.Yngwie Malmsteen, Rising Force
(02-18-2010, 01:37 AM)OCLittleFlower Wrote: am I a bad Catholic for not liking rock, but only swing, classical, and country?

No, you're a bad Catholic for liking country though.  :laughing:
(02-17-2010, 09:58 PM)Marc Wrote: The Tibetan Book of the Dead refracted through Leary's The Psychedelic Experience, actually.

Well the equations are all still there Lennon Book of the Dead and Leary and where Leary is LSD is soon to follow. :P
I'd like for the Vatican to come out with an infallible ex cathedra statement regarding the best albums ever. Then the Revolver, Abbey Road, White Album discussion could finally be settled.
(02-18-2010, 02:34 AM)Walty Wrote: I'd like for the Vatican to come out with an infallible ex cathedra statement regarding the best albums ever. Then the Revolver, Abbey Road, White Album discussion could finally be settled.

If one of those were named, I'd have to go sede.
(02-17-2010, 08:59 PM)Walty Wrote: The Church never would have spent time on something like this before.

Don't know about that. Pope Leo X spent the bulk of his pontificate making Rome into a cultural center of the world. He even had a pet elephant named Hanno that would join papal processions.