Vatican Releases Top 10 Albums of All Time List
(02-17-2010, 09:19 PM)BlessedKarl Wrote:
(02-17-2010, 08:59 PM)Walty Wrote:
Quote:On February 15, the Vatican's newspaper, L' Osservatore Romano, published its list of the top ten rock and pop albums of all time. Read more on The Wall Street Journal, which reports the piece is "a semiserious guide," a "handbook of musical resistance" that offers an alternative to "mediocre and cheesy tunes" featured in popular Italian festivals.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainm...otogallery

While I think there are some really good albums on here and I may agree 100% of the top pick, what is the point of this?  Why is the Vatican spending so much time on these secular and worldly things?  I understand that this is just from the Vatican newspaper, but conceivably someone in the Vatican is spending time on this and that's somehow being justified.  It's Lent.  Is this really the most important thing to be discussing?  The Church never would have spent time on something like this before.

Be careful about saying "the Vatican." It is just their newspaper which has been known to be a bit eccentric at times.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Vatican Releases Top 10 Albums of All Time List - by Walty - 02-17-2010, 09:23 PM