Beer on day of fasting
Just wanted to check if Beer was considered OK to drink on days of fasting since it is not a solid that is pureed. The monks used to only drink beer for their sustenance during Lent, so I just wanted to know if that has somehow changed? I would assume it hasn't and that it is ok, but I read that Water, Juice, Tea and Coffee is ok, so I would think Beer/Wine would be ok?

THANKS People! Smile
The monks would drink only beer throughout all 40 days?  Man.  That sounds like a good idea.
(02-17-2010, 11:58 PM)Walty Wrote: The monks would drink only beer throughout all 40 days?  Man.  That sounds like a good idea.

For Lent, I'm giving up liquids...except beer, it'll be tough, but I can manage.
(02-18-2010, 12:30 AM)LausTibiChriste Wrote:
(02-17-2010, 11:58 PM)Walty Wrote: The monks would drink only beer throughout all 40 days?  Man.  That sounds like a good idea.

For Lent, I'm giving up liquids...except beer, it'll be tough, but I can manage.

No water?
Beer is mostly water, he'll survive  ;D
(02-18-2010, 12:53 AM)Walty Wrote:
(02-18-2010, 12:30 AM)LausTibiChriste Wrote:

No water?

He's drinking Budweiser.
To answer the original question, it's fine, but you shouldn't get loaded during Lent.  Drunkenness is kind of opposed to a penitential outlook. Wink
haha, don't worry I dont plan on getting hammered, I was just curious. Ommegang ABBEY ALE here I COME Big Grin !!!!
Yeah. Get hammered on Sunday.
(02-18-2010, 01:37 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: To answer the original question, it's fine, but you shouldn't get loaded during Lent.  Drunkenness is kind of opposed to a penitential outlook. Wink

What if you do it offering up the inevitable hangover the next morning? I can't think of anything more penitential than a post-Molson Dry hangover.  ;D