Beer on day of fasting
(02-18-2010, 02:25 PM)Satori Wrote: You will note that Russians are not noted for excellent cuisine, whereas Greeks and Catholic countries are.
For most of Russian history, fasting was a way of life (especially for the peasantry).  So I guess that it's a case of making a virtue out of necessity...
(02-18-2010, 02:45 PM)Pilgrim Wrote:
(02-18-2010, 02:25 PM)Satori Wrote: You will note that Russians are not noted for excellent cuisine, whereas Greeks and Catholic countries are.
For most of Russian history, fasting was a way of life (especially for the peasantry).  So I guess that it's a case of making a virtue out of necessity...

Is that why they decorated exquisitely beautiful eggs instead of just eating them?
(02-18-2010, 03:57 PM)Satori Wrote:
(02-18-2010, 02:45 PM)Pilgrim Wrote:

Is that why they decorated exquisitely beautiful eggs instead of just eating them?
Touche, though I thought the drained the edible portion of the egg out first...
I actually read this article last night that Beer actually hydrates you faster than straight up plain water. It doesn't dehydrate you like all these people say it does, I think that's bogus most fo the time unless you're drinking Bacardi 151 or something, which is silly in the first place. But yeah, they tested it out on athletes, had them drink beer after working out, then had them drink water after working out, the tests showed that Beer hydrated them quicker, pretty interesting. Just look up on google "does beer hydrate you" or something to that effect.
ahhh... Bacardi 151.  Goes down smooth.  Lol. 
everyone who says that beer, soda, energy drinks or whatever dont hydrate you , or ill informed, or lying.  I have literally gone weeks taking in no liquid other than beer, diet Dr Pepper, and Monster Energy.
(02-18-2010, 06:56 PM)HotRod Wrote: everyone who says that beer, soda, energy drinks or whatever dont hydrate you , or ill informed, or lying.  I have literally gone weeks taking in no liquid other than beer, diet Dr Pepper, and Monster Energy.

Ditto!  Gone three years, so far.

Called "college".  Lol!  ;D LOL
I think you might be endangering your soul by not indulging in beer while fasting.

"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!"-Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck
(02-18-2010, 06:56 PM)HotRod Wrote: I have literally gone weeks taking in no liquid other than beer, diet Dr Pepper, and Monster Energy.

Haha, wow. You just want ulcer's and diabetes don't you? Big Grin
well diet dr pepper and low carb monster doesnt have any sugar, but the ulcers might be in my future.