Beer on day of fasting
Splenda and aspartame are a lot worse than regular sugar.
eh, define worse.  I think obesity is more dangerous than splenda and aspartame. 
(02-19-2010, 08:54 AM)HotRod Wrote: eh, define worse.  I think obesity is more dangerous than splenda and aspartame. 

Artificial sweeteners are worse. You see, the body reacts to sugar properly (hormones and all), but when it gets artificial sweeteners, it reacts the same way...but nothing happens.

In this case, I'd say worse is "assuming proper amounts of consumption", rather than binging on either.
I don't have any information to argue with;  I have a crippling addiction to carbonated beverages.
(02-19-2010, 08:54 AM)HotRod Wrote: eh, define worse.  I think obesity is more dangerous than splenda and aspartame. 

There's actually a lot of research that shows that artificial sweetners lead to even higher levels of obesity, not to mention a lot of evidence if their leading to dementia, cancer, and a number of other serious issues. The idea is that the body can't properly deal with the artificial stuff and it slows down your metabolism immensely.

It's interesting stuff. It's kind of amazing how little of what we eat these days is actually food.
I'm jonesing for a glass of red vino just now. But, not until Sunday.   Wine sigh.

Jesus, you know I love you.   Pray

can't go to Stations of the Cross either. I have to babysit.  What good is it to stay home from Mass if I can't have my wine?!?!?!  LOL
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton