Po' Boys
(02-22-2010, 03:20 PM)Walty Wrote: You guys should try a brat.

I cook brats every time I go camping, and sometimes just because.  Brats are the only reason i bought a gas grill.
(02-22-2010, 03:25 PM)Texican Wrote:
(02-22-2010, 03:20 PM)Walty Wrote: You guys should try a brat.

I cook brats every time I go camping, and sometimes just because.  Brats are the only reason i bought a gas grill.

Tex, I know you're a fan of the brat.  If you really want to live though, you've got to cook up some brats on a tiny charcoal grill while freezin yer arse off in the Lambeau parking lot.
(02-22-2010, 03:20 PM)Walty Wrote: Is there more southern food?  You guys should try a brat.

The BEST brat I had was in Milwaukee.  I've been trying to duplicate the experience ever since and I haven't even come close.
(02-22-2010, 03:36 PM)Paloma Wrote:
(02-22-2010, 03:20 PM)Walty Wrote: Is there more southern food?  You guys should try a brat.

The BEST brat I had was in Milwaukee.  I've been trying to duplicate the experience ever since and I haven't even come close.

The only place to get brats is in Wisconsin.  Milwaukee brats are nothing compared to some of em.  The further north you go the better.  That goes for cheese too.
(02-22-2010, 03:29 PM)Walty Wrote: Tex, I know you're a fan of the brat.  If you really want to live though, you've got to cook up some brats on a tiny charcoal grill while freezin yer arse off in the Lambeau parking lot.

Got one, and I've done it, except not in Lambeau's parking lot, since I don't normally go to ordinary sporting events, unless you consider IDPA, IPSC, bowling pin shoots, and Three-gun matches, ordinary sporting events.
Sometimes I go camping in the middle of winter, like I did around Christmas and New Year's.  
Nothing like a double brat on a toasty Kaiser, with a little Dusseldorf-style mustard, while standing (or sitting, as the case may be) in a foot of snow, while drinking a leftover Leinies.
Texican Wrote:Sometimes I go camping in the middle of winter, like I did around Christmas and New Year's. 
Nothing like a double brat on a toasty Kaiser, with a little Dusseldorf-style mustard, while standing (or sitting, as the case may be) in a foot of snow, while drinking a leftover Leinies.

Oh Lord...  you're like a poet Tex.

Makes you want to run over to the bar to get one, doesn't it?  That's what I love about visiting Wisconsin; a brat is never farther than the nearest bar, at any time of day.

When Texas secedes, I hope we annex Wisconsin.

(02-22-2010, 03:46 PM)Walty Wrote: Oh Lord...  you're like a poet Tex.

No, not a poet... think of me as one of S. Texas' unofficial food ambassadors.
(02-22-2010, 03:52 PM)Texican Wrote: When Texas secedes, I hope we annex Wisconsin.

I hope it includes North and South Dakota, too.... .
*** Sigh *** I love you guys ...

I've got a brat on my lap right now! Seriously, they are one of my favorite easy meals, especially with a really good mustard. I love mustard passionately, but not that crayon-yellow stuff French's sells.
Satori, just say "NO" to French's.  The only thing that stuff is good for is...  um...  hold on, I'll think of something, just bear with me.

Tomorrow.  I'm sure I'll have something by tomorrow....